Reverse 1988 Goldwing

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome aboard. I've no idea how yours works. Mine is put it in neutral and push back by foot. Yours likely has to be operated from neutral also. Just a guess though.

Hi from Maryland and welcome to CGW. Tell us about that 6 cylinder GL1500. I know there's a lever on the left side of the bike and the starter motor if the power for reverse but I haven't seen it in operation.

I dont have a 1500 now but used to. I did use the reverse occasionally but had been so used to not parking in a situation that needed it that I usually didnt.

54Greybeard":3v86aca6 said:
How cool! How handy! How absolutely must have at 900 lbs. How does the 1500 compare to the 1200? Which one would you swing a leg over to go to the store 1/4 mile away if they were sitting side by side?
i ride my 1500 wing way more than i ride my 1200 wing

I always park with the front wheel uphill to make that easier. Sometimes that means backing into a spot, sometimes you get to go forward. Even 600lbs doesn't roll uphill very easily.

Latest posts