Sad day indeed.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdegase

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently was asked to ride my buddys 1500 to the local dealership so he could sell it... after being a gwrra member, and goldwing rider for many years...
he was hanging up his riding gear..
he had a knee surgery that went bad, and a weight loss surgery that took alot of life outta him..
even though he looks great, and weighs less, he had numerous complications and setbacks..
we talked for a long time about riding.. he has been a mentor of mine from a very young age.
he provided the garage for me to fix up my current bike, and always had a smile and a gleam in his eye for the old bike I dragged in...
I still see his passion for riding every time I stop by... and I try to ride my bike over as much as I can.
he just looks at it and smiles.

To Ron, my friend.

we talked about a trike..
his biggest problem currently is he cant get his leg up over the bike... both knees old and worn out..
the one he had work on (didnt get the replacement) doesnt work as well as the Dr. hoped.
so this year he is recuperating.
hopefully next year he will have the strength back and can endure the knee replacement surgery he really needs.

on a side note... I told him we could trike his 1500 and use the engine hoist to load and unload him... LOL
he wasnt too amused :D

jim i was totaly amaze one time on the interstat when one of those newer scooters went by me with a big burst of accelleration as he obviously wanted to travel faster than i was going i have no ideal what kind it was but it sure was a bad ass....fastest scooter ive ever seen and you dont have to throw your leg over heck some of those scooter have more capability than wings do also.....

joedrum":2drb765e said:
jim i was totaly amaze one time on the interstat when one of those newer scooters went by me with a big burst of accelleration as he obviously wanted to travel faster than i was going i have no ideal what kind it was but it sure was a bad ass....fastest scooter ive ever seen and you dont have to throw your leg over heck some of those scooter have more storage than wings do also.....

whoops :smilie_happy: :mrgreen:

That's to bad because we all know the joy of the ride and that would be sad to loose that.
Like Joe said on the scooters I've never rode one but I hear some good things about them especially the Suzuki Burgman 650. It might be something to look into maybe even some kind of trade for his bike.

As long as the passion is still there, there's hope. I was thinking scooter, too. A Silverwing would be the most logical choice. :mrgreen: I've seen those things zippin down the hyway here right along with "regular" traffic. Saw a guy on one yesterday, in full leathers/helmet, head held high, just haulin down the road!
I hate to hear he's having physical issues that prevent riding, but perhaps that will change with time. :good:

Where there is a will, there is a way... I was talking with a guy at the bar the other night and he was telling me about his friend that got into a motorcycle accident that left him paralyzed from the waist down, The guy still wanted to ride so they put on those training wheel type things on his sport bike that come down for when hes at low speeds

he took 8000 for his 1500 ... it was a good deal for someone.
he bought a new cow and a tractor...
also planted a garden. he's gonna keep tryin, just start off a nit slower.
last year he couldnt deer hunt.. its the first year he's missed in 40 or so..

I think he will get back into it.. if we can get him healed up
he been sick(hurting) for a long time, and that takes a toll on a guy.

yea, I see alot of those silverwings around too.. and almost cant tell they are not big bikes...
I want one too :D

P.S.
he still has some fight left, as we had a argument about whose bike was faster... LOL (I know because I rode them both)

Latest posts