• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Still need a radio

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aslatk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still need a radio. Please PM me if ya have one. Less chance I'll lose it to someone else (see my previous old post).
Clarion Type 1 wanted. I have a gauge set I want to keep so I need the one that mounts in the fairing. Thanks.

chasrogers":2jal5ani said:
aslatk":2jal5ani said:
Still need a radio. Please PM me if ya have one. Less chance I'll lose it to someone else (see my previous old post).
Clarion Type 1 wanted. I have a gauge set I want to keep so I need the one that mounts in the fairing. Thanks.

yes sorry to grab that radio on you but it is a clarion Type 2 radio that was the systems in the 1983 interstate and aspincade i have the didigital gages for this radio already and some parts I know that DAN the site owner has a couple radio's for wings but not sure if one is a type 1 or not the type one had the radio display on the tuner part not in the cluster. chasrogers

Thanks for the comeback. Your right about my needing Type 1. It's going to take some time to get a good deal on a complete set-up. I'm still working on it...Ebay, Craigslist, etc. Quite pricey. Whiterhino gave you a great deal :good: . I hope next time (for a Type 1) I'll be able to take someone up on thier offer.

It was a nice day for a ride here. 60 deg. plus and sunny for a change. I'm not sure about the weather where you live but hope its nice enough for you have a chance to ride. Ditto to other riders out there.

:salute:

aslatk":1wxjchft said:

Update: Got a complete system today :music: Very happy with the deal. I didn't go with Priority shipping so it will take awhile to get here. Type 1, suppose to work okay and after talking to the seller, I feel pretty good about the system I bought. $100 w/o speakers, $125 with. Even though I already have the speakers, I now have a couple extra.

:yahoo:

aslatk":enxeyez5 said:
aslatk":enxeyez5 said:

Update: Got a complete system today :music: Very happy with the deal. I didn't go with Priority shipping so it will take awhile to get here. Type 1, suppose to work okay and after talking to the seller, I feel pretty good about the system I bought. $100 w/o speakers, $125 with. Even though I already have the speakers, I now have a couple extra.

Thats great probably less work than the newer one that would have required more things to be changed...
:party:

chasrogers":1spsphkv said:
yes that is great just wire it up bolt it in and away you go Cool deal

Even the holes from the previous installation for the amp are in the fairing.

Was wondering what the holes were there for before researching the radio

stuff :read:

thewhiterhino":2de19365 said:
aslatk":2de19365 said:
aslatk":2de19365 said:

Thats great probably less work than the newer one that would have required more things to be changed...
:party:

I'll post picts when done. Hope the system works as stated. Talked to the guy and he was more than helpful. He lives in a small town of about 5,000 people in Illinois which had a high temperature of 20 deg. f. :eek: Burrrrrr.

Latest posts