swing-arm and drive shaft

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan

Reaction score
Now that I have my front wheel on finally and my engine in the frame, can some-one please tell me the best place to get a step by step, diagrams included of how to put the swing-arm-drive shaft back together. Real life pics would be best as some of the line drawing just dont show enough definition. Just think of me as a kindergarten kid trying to build a formula 1 car all alone and you'll get the idea of how I feel. Every step I get ahead the next seems more daunting. Also I would assume that I put the gas tank in first, correct? Thanks in advance! Ryan.

Gas tank doesn't have to go in before swingarm but it does have to be put in before the rear wheel and it's easier to get the tank in if the rear master cylinder is not mounted in place. Swingarm installation can be seen in the Jyd thread and in the manuals in the gallery.

Sometimes I find looking at the parts microfiche can make it easier to understand the assembly procedure along with the workshop manuel.