Tech help with an '86?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scdmarx

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1982 Standard
Billy69":1gnv1i8x said:
My bike studders and lurches below 1900 rpm. The fuel jets are turned out 3.3 turns. The dealer said to check the timing and look at the reluctor. Where is this stuff. He said to make sure the vacuum line is connected at both ends and not damaged, but I can't find them. please help

I just got this in a PM. I don't have a 1200 and don't know anything about them. I'm still kinda new on the Goldwing scene myself. But I figure there's likely somebody smarter than me here who can get this guy started in the right direction. I replied with a link to the 1200 manual in the gallery, but other than that I really won't know what I'm talking about.

Anyone care to show a little hospitality? :yes:

I got the same PM and I gave him a reply. Maybe others can check my answer:

Billy, I have an '82 and have only worked on '80-'82 GL1100's. I have not done any work on any 1200's. However, the ignition is electronic and is not adjustable and on 1100's there is a vacuum hose from the underside of carb #3 (right side rear carb) that goes back to the pulse generator vacuum advance which is about the center of the back of the engine under the actual gas tank. If the vacuum advance is bad, or the hose is bad, the ignition will not advance correctly when you throttle up at lower speeds.

Gerry

fastmover83":vv8157ln said:
I received the same message and referred him to the 1200 section of the forum. I hope he was real and not a spammer trying to sneak in.

Hard to believe that was spam but ya never know :roll:

dan filipi":3aeidihm said:
fastmover83":3aeidihm said:
I received the same message and referred him to the 1200 section of the forum. I hope he was real and not a spammer trying to sneak in.

Hard to believe that was spam but ya never know :roll:

I received the same PM and kinda figure now that I see all of you guys got it too that he was hoping for a personal reply from your email account to collect email addresses.

I didn't reply at all so if you guys that did start getting spam let us know.

I didn't answer because I've never gotten a PM before so it seemed suspicious to me.. :shock: :shock: :shock:

thewhiterhino":37hw8akq said:
I received the same PM and kinda figure now that I see all of you guys got it too that he was hoping for a personal reply from your email account to collect email addresses.

I didn't reply at all so if you guys that did start getting spam let us know.

PM goes through the web site. If you were to PM me, I'd answer you as a reply through PM. I'd never see your email address, nor would you see mine.

Hopefully Billy's just shy. But I don't understand why he'd choose to PM so many at once?????

Billy69":33q1xhna said:
My bike studders and lurches below 1900 rpm. The fuel jets are turned out 3.3 turns. The dealer said to check the timing and look at the reluctor. Where is this stuff. He said to make sure the vacuum line is connected at both ends and not damaged, but I can't find them. please help

The above isn't what a spammer would send IMO. Not what I've seen anyway.

The PM system has a feature to mass PM, we all have that option.
I think Billy was looking for help and didn't know how to ask, which is ok. When I first started visiting forums like these I was lost and made a few mistakes too.

I thought it seemed fishy to get a PM from a strange name I didnt know,about a 1200 when my profile clearly states I own an 1100.So I deleted it and did not reply.

Now I know I made the right choice.Who ever they are,they obviosly managed to Pm EVERYBODY!! Still seems fishy. :headscratch:

Latest posts