The road is calling!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan filipi

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1983 Interstate
2018 KLR 650
2018 BMW S1000 RR
My Bike Logs forum link
https://classicgoldwings.com/forums/dan-filipi.122/
Nice pics, looks like good weather and scenery. nothing like a nice day and a good running 1100 or 1000 goldwing. its in single digits here, 7000 acre lake froozen, ground froozen. me im working outside building a new out building 36ft-48ft to put more stuff in im froozen. im glad your in the riding zone joedrum

I'll go with you Dan! Just as soon as I strap the ski's on my front wheel and snow chains on the back wheel! :smilie_happy:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpz5AR95Dvc&feature[/video]

(I give up on the youtube embedding! I typed in the brackets and youtube every way I could. Maybe it is my browser?)

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpz5AR95Dvc[/video]

(youtube feature added-AApple)

:Awe: ...yes. I'm working on her this weekend(brakes, leaking crossover tube). I just don't trust that rear tire, gotta get that changed. If my funds were unlimited we would have already done this.

~O~

Go for a ride?!?!?! :shock: Not me...we're looking at temps in the teens tomorrow evening, with wind chills at/below 0...a wee bit too chilly for me.....I ain't no Eskimo! :smilie_happy:

mcgovern61":2zarvt2u said:
(I give up on the youtube embedding! I typed in the brackets and youtube every way I could. Maybe it is my browser?)

Give it one more shot...
Instead of copying the address at the top of the page, copy the text to the right of the video on youtube. Look,and you'll see a box with the original poster's name, and a couple of smaller boxes/windows there. One is "URL", and then the text, and then under that is a box with "Embed", and some text. Highlight and Copy the text in the "URL" box. Paste that in the post, and add the youtube tags([video][/video])

For some reason, it just doesn't seem to work if you copy the text at the top of your screen, in the "search" area....at least it doesn't for me.

Yea, My wife cought me in the garage yesterday evening sitting on Melba (my gl1100), making Vrooom, Vroom sounds & leaning,.....quite humiliating what am i,......5?

:smilie_happy: :beer:

Montecman":1xekb26o said:
Yea, My wife cought me in the garage yesterday evening sitting on Melba (my gl1100), making Vrooom, Vroom sounds & leaning,.....quite humiliating what am i,......5?

:smilie_happy: :beer:

Nope, just a bad case of cabin fever. :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

OldWrench":1lyrsjgw said:
I think my first ride this year is going to be Montery, CA to Moro Bay via coast highway one. To me one of the prettiest rides you can take.

Yes, that is a beautiful ride.
And what's nice about that route is others are there for the same reason so people are much more courteous.
To me, that can make the difference between an enjoyable ride and one that gets me in a rotten mood.

view depends on how fast you run that..... oceans on one side mountains on the other.. and soooo close you can actually touch them!!!!! or run off into the ocean if ya miss the curve.... :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

From a So Cal born and raised (Oxnard, CA) and family in Arroyo Grande, Santa MAria and points else where.. now out of state..

Hey thanks scdmarx I will look you up. It will probably be a couple months before I have a chance to take that ride. Winger82 don't mean to make you feel bad but we are spoiled here in California. I haven't lived anywhere else so when it gets down to the high 40s I think it is really cold. I don't run any of the roads fast, like sticking pretty close to the speed limit, I think that is about 80mph on the California freeways.

Be careful when you do. You never know when there may be a surprise waiting just around every curve. Rocks scattered across the road any size from marbles to golfballs to bread basket. And they're sharp too! But it's well worth the feat if you got the time.

Speed wise I was referring to the interstates not highway 1. I have ridden and driven highway one several times and it is a road to be respected. I prefer to take my time and enjoy the scenery. On any of the rural coastal and mountain roads one should ride with care.

Latest posts