Twin Weber 40s on a GL1200?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good move this randakks push of this set up was a complete failure and extremely overpriced ...plus he discounted people like me and others who used single carb set up ...claiming stocks were better ...but his side mounted exposed to weather was better than stock ...it was all pure BS ...I HAVE NEVER COME ACCROSS ANY OLDWING 4 that comes close to running like the hooch bike ...it's basically modded 1200 motor mostly with other yr parts ..it has a highly modded Weber progressive linkage 2 barrel carb and custom programmed ignition it's so fast it's dangerous ..many unstablizing problems with a high powered boxer motor and shaft drive set up to say the least ...I don't ride much any more but it's been 30 thousand miles since built hurt me once pretty and almost twice the last time I got it down to about 20mph before I totally lost it ..lol I was very lucky ...I don't think I would ever sale it ..it a great build but it's dangerous ...I pretty much into my vettes now with 4 wheels but they are convertibles lol ...
I agree randakk does sell good gaskets but that's it he's waaaaaay to proud of all his merchandise and nearly impossible to contact. I feel if I'm paying for something that expensive you should at least care to give some q/a

Finally she's finished and ready to sell - it took me 3 months to get this one properly sorted (one month was trying to get the Webers to work :rolleyes: ) but at least she's finished now.

20220925_135154.jpg
20220925_135250.jpg

Yep, it's a pity they didn't work out. They certainly looked great though :cool:

Thanks for everyone's help - it was much appreciated (y)(y)

Latest posts