valve clearances for 81 gl1100

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frippit

Reaction score
Hi,
i am new to this type of thing as i just got my first cruise bike, there is a noise in the engineand i want to start with the valves. any help would be appreceated.
thanks
frippit

welcome from souther indiana, off the top of my head icant tell valve clearance is but you will find it an easy job on your wing to do ....wings like yours are very good motors but not thre quietess though.....the wing has chains that rattle some at lower rpm and smooth out at higher rpm.....the wings are hard to grt running right at idle and cause the primary chain to make noise....post more on how it runs....

welcome to the forum.. the intakes are .4mm and the exhausts are . 5 mm I believe.. in my tool kit for the bike was a feeler guage set with three feelers arms.. one a 4, one a 5 and one a 7.. intake, exhust and sprkplug.. am I shooting off the top of my headt at this point... and the "." may not be in there.. but the 4 5 7 are correct..

thanks all for the quick response. i knew that the motor a little noisy from the begining but when i accelerate there is a light knocking that is there until i even off on the throttle. i know the one lifter is a little loose as when it is idling, i can hear it. also, we took a stethescope and located that noise.
we also checked the lower end for noise at the same time and it sounded quiet. hope you can give me a suggestion.

Latest posts