Vaporblast

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Found a do it yourself sand/bead blasting shop in Chilliwack British Columbia. Went to check it out today and found they also do Vapor Blasting. Apparently this is very popular in the UK and Australia.

While the blast cabinet is very similar to a regular blast cabinet this one is sealed better. It also has a small wiper on the window to clear the water spray. The media used is actually similar to glass beads but is actually glass ground down so it feels more like flour in your hand. It is used in combination with water and while it would take a very long time to remove paint with it you can use it to do non-ferrous metals and also plastic.
I was also told by Kevin that he has bead blasted paint off of aluminum and managed to get rid of the texture caused by the glass beads by following up with the vapor blast. It leaves a very smooth surface and does an awesome job cleaning up the outside of old carburetors. He says it is awesome to use on a part you plan to polish. No more sanding and very few steps polishing after.

Turns out Kevin is from the UK and worked for some time doing Vapor Blast there so he knows what he is doing. He says the cost is about one and one half times the cost of sand blasting. I can't wait to get a few parts done. I will do the GL motor before painting. No sanding. :clapping: https://www.vaporblastcanada.com

Latest posts