Vetter standard vent vs. vent for 1800?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tuna boy

Reaction score
I saw a post on installing a rectangular vent designed for an 1800 on a 1200. There were guys who also installed them on 1100 interstates and aspencades. I have a Vetter and can buy the round standard vents or the rectangular for about $40. My question is has anyone tried the rectangular one on the Vetter? How does it fit/function?

I have always looked at the retangular vents and considered installing one, but have never had the extra windscree to do it to. Whenever I pick up my new to me fairing, that might change.

And just a heads up the new vents from Vetter are a little larger than the original vents. If you have an older shield and need to replace the vents you will need to open up the stock holes a little.

Depends on the expected outcome. The vents on the Vetter faring were intended to reduce buffeting. The larger 1800 vent is intended to move air. I think others have used the 1500 vent in the Vetter if I remember.