• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted, headlight 79 windjammer fairing

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeterDas

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am in need of a headlight for a 79 GL1000 with the Vetter fairing. The glass broke so I only really need the bulb part. Maybe trade for brand new progressive shocks for an '83?? If not will pay cash.

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=139426#p139426:1mnbzmwa said:
kerryb » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:09 pm[/url]":1mnbzmwa]
I could make that trade, but a new halogen bulb is only $18.00 from Z1 and progressive shocks are a bit pricier I thought.
I need the glas/metal bucket the bulb sits in. I broke the glass when I dropped it putting in my LED Bulb.

I know the shocks were $200, but they are of no use to me as I have a GL1000 and they are for the 1100, so I would rather loose money on them for something I really need than let them sit around unused. I have already purchased new shocks for the 1000, and am very happy with them.

I used plexiglass to fix the headlight on my KZ that got busted the same way. Looks like a Hella light now. :smilie_happy:

Any H4 conversion light should work, it is just imo that none of them work as well as the Hellas ( superior glass and fluting that gives a great focused beam)

1303.png
Is the "headlight unit" (number 7 in pic, original headlight) the same unit as used in the Vetter fairing? I can still order it from Partzillw.