What do you think of brown?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pearl White ........ ohhhhhh wait , since i have 2 that are Pearl White , does that count ? ? :smilie_happy:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=132046#p132046:10un6kby said:
sledge » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:42 am[/url]":10un6kby]
Pearl White ........ ohhhhhh wait , since i have 2 that are Pearl White , does that count ? ? :smilie_happy:

Does anyone tell you white looks like a police bike?
ps a few years ago I bought an old Suzuki GS from a guy that had used it as a learner, he had upgraded to a Harley bagger that was fire engine RED. I quipped that all it needed was a siren and some lights, it looked like a two-wheeled fire truck. His wife said "He's the local fire chief." He had special ordered that color.

:smilie_happy: No , nobody has said anything about it ... but they might think so , and now that you mention it , it does kinda look like a Cop Bike....... :smilie_happy: Maybe thats why people slow down when they see me come up behind them............ :popcorn:

I recall reading a bike mag back in the late 70s where a guy said he rode a big Kawasaki (1000?) with a Vetter fairing exactly like CHiPs used. He said people took one look in their mirrors and they lane changed out of his way pronto. Cut minutes off his commute every day.

The decision has been made: brown it is, with the engine, frame, etc. hammered black which is really dark gray and all chrome covered. My neighbor said it looked a bit like a WWII Army cycle and I said "bingo!". That's kind of what I was going for without actually going all olive drab or cammo, or all ratbike flat black. I'm liking it so far, we'll see how it looks in sunlight. I did the topside of the engine last night and now ready to put on the monocarb. With a bit of good luck it will be roadworthy Saturday.