Will it fit

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glider101

Reaction score
Will a 84 apencade motor fit in to a 86 aspencade with no modifications.and will the carbs fit from the 86 to the 84

Wiring will need changed but it should bolt right up.86 has ignition on the front of the motor. I'm pretty sure the 84 still has it on the rear like the 1100s. Might be a small issue fitting the driveshaft but I don't know that for sure.

might need to use the 86 pickups in the 84 plate. Not sure on that.I don't have the wiring diagrams to compare. Joe has an 84 with an 1100 ignition fitted. So that is also an option. Might be easiest to just fit 84 coils or they might be the same as 84 and it would be as you say. Just lengthen the wires.

hmmm big difference here in ignition set up dont think theres any holes in the 84 motor to mount 86 picups in front....this can probably be done ...maybe just scme custom wiring connecting ...tell more

yep the 84 1200 has more in common with 1100 than 85-87 1200s ...even th rear trans and stator cover is drilled different ...but the 84 1200 motor has lots of option going for it it could be installed and rigeged up with 1100 ignition to to work ... if i had that motor id hang on to it ...it would have to be moded some to work on 86 ...but not alot ...if the 86 is bad motor then it worth putting in

84 has different starter, pickup coils,& ignitor box. I know the ignitor box looks the same,but has different no's.I think ignition coil's are ok to use. Pickup coils are on the rear of the motor, the rear cover is the same as the 1100's.I believe most everything might be ok.Hope this helps. Denver

Latest posts