• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB: Thermostat Case

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Manila

Reaction score
Need the following part, This is part that coolant tubes, thermostat and temp sending unit fit into

CASE, THERMOSTAT
19311-371-000

Broke on my 78 when engine slipped off the jack and hit frame.

Found One on Ebay, might get it. A freind of mine has had good luck at Greens Motorcycle Salvage in Milwood KY, (SW of Louisville) probably ckeck them out Monday. As I will be in the area anyway.

I was trying to reinstall engine by myself. so I am going to remove rear wheel and drive shaft assy, then stab drive shaft into transmission rather try to allign the heavy engine onto the drive shaft. don't know if it work but sounds easier.

The drive shaft slides back into the swingarm, and will clear the engine output shaft. Once everything's bolted up, slip it onto the shaft and fight that snap ring! You shouldn't need to remove the rear wheel/final drive/swingarm/drive shaft/brake calpier... Unless you just want to?!?!

hmmmm yes ...putting motor in is no problem in line up ...in my 1200 build in a 1000 the driveshaft is in the way sort of to the point that it will not go on but I all I needed to do is loosen finam drive and pull it back a 1/4" and it slip on ...your concerns are not there it easy and no problem at all on stock set up ...and not much problem when it is a problem like in the 1200 mod bike