Gearing ?? / Trike build !

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
me either sledge ...but i did a few also ....the forks were one thing ...but the tree space is way to flimsy to hold anything stout wants the rake gets out there ...way to small and negitive leverage for sure

I've been reading on it and I think the trail measurement is the key to handling. A little rake would look good and get the front tire just a bit further away from the radiator. Which would be especially nice if you ever installed an alternator. I'd love to duplicate this build someday myself.

I rode it again today....... runs and rides real good. and I really believe I'll get used to turning it .

sledge":u6akxvco said:
I was 18 in 1969 , the height of the Hippy days really .... and I have Built and Owned several Choppers ... I have had , Springer's , Girder's , and Long Fork Tubes . and None of them was Much good for nothin' ... they looked good sitting in the Yard , but Lord they rode like a I-Beam ........if you change the front end out for like a Springer , say 16" over sock ...but I have no idea what the Rake ever was on any of them.
Same here sledge in late 70's had one bike with extended a bit longer fork tubes (wasn't that bad :headscratch: ) and later on a 1936 harkey with really long extended indian forks (really nice to look at :yes: ) performance wise straight down the road was great,now making turns around town wasn't that nice :doh: :heat: :smilie_happy:

sledge":3e1krava said:
AND I'm gonna build another seat too .

image.php

Really cool looking ride :rocks: .Probably kicking the front tire foward to were the photo ends would look great & handle a bit better but don't take my word on it :Doh2: .that's just me tripping on early easy rider mags i used to have in those days :read: .WOW those old triumph's and chopped up hondas cb's came to mind.I better go lay down :shock:

I have been sanding , spraying Primmer , and I got the base color on everything except the metal parts I built on the back of it now . and it's not ready for paint back there yet .... :builder:

I'm back folks , my friend Joe , ( Joedrum ) had sent me a Pvt. note .... thank you Joe . my little lady has been have some health problems , and me too really .... but , we're ok , and I have been Painting on the trike some... I got the Base Color on it all now , all Painted parts are now Ivory . I plan on Air Brushing a Mural on a lot of it , now I can kinda stick it back together to plan the Mural . . . but here is a couple of pictures of the Metal work over the Rear. :music:

Attachments

• 5-25-13- # 10 +.jpg
    5-25-13- # 10 +.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 80
Looking great sledge! Good to have you back. Health issues are something we all deal with on occasion. I hope you both mend quick and well.

Thanks everybody , it was a long hard cold wet winter and spring , IF there was a Spring ... LOL ..... 2 nights ago we had a Frost warning here . . everytime I get out on the road I see more Motor Cycles and makes me want to finish this build . i'll keep pictures posted as it goes . . . thanks to all you guys , this is a special site you got here Dan . :hi:

hey there Bill , I'll write this date down , maybe we could come up and meet you .... you can Email me at [email protected] holler anytime . Johnson City is 20 miles from here . hope to see you then . :music:

Latest posts