Gearing ?? / Trike build !

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the truth is it may not need anything , but if it Does , Then I'll take the Driveshaft out and have somebody check it . but I'm not gonna pay somebody to check it untill there is a reason . back when I was in my Teens and early years I built several , Hot Rods , Street Rods , and that kind of stuff , and I cut a driveshaft off , and cut another one off and slide one inside the other and take Ice Cream Sticks to center the smalle one enough to start welding them ...........and No, they wasn't perfect , ( Long way from it ) :smilie_happy: but... it beat walking . now I'm a little more Picky than when I was 19 ....... but the truth is as short as this Driveshaft is ... 11 & 1/2" and as tight as the fit is , and as straight as it is , I'll really be surprised if it needs anything at all.... well........I mean fo me anyway. :smilie_happy:

Same here just thoughts.you could take someone for a ride...to check to see how the shaft is doing while you concentrate on the road.But considering a fixed camera filming the shaft doing its job would be Priceless for all of us to see :yahoo: :beg: :shock:.Ok I think its time for my medication :blush: I'll be leaving now :blush:

you know the Camera idea is a good one ... I never thought of that myself . thanks Carl . :music: course I still like a longway before I'll be doin' that , we are working on the one Axle right now .... then , we'll be really starting on the Frame . :builder:

sledge":vi379f96 said:
you know the Camera idea is a good one ... I never thought of that myself . thanks Carl . :music: course I still like a longway before I'll be doin' that , we are working on the one Axle right now .... then , we'll be really starting on the Frame . :builder:
Best of luck,your'e doing awesome work there :salute: .

OK....... got a few more Pictures... this is the Subaru Axle Cut off , and a Machined spacer to make it fit in a Square Tube. AND I put batterys in the Camera so the Date is Off.

image.php

here is the Spacer looking down inside the tube. this Spacer was a Tight Fit ... Tight enough that it had to be helped in there with a Rubber Hammer.

image.php

and here it is after Sopt Welding the centers , now have to Heat the Corners and bend them in to touch , so they can be Welded too.

image.php

we're still workin' on the Trike build . my buddy has a plan here , without him...... I'd have to put a sled runner under this Trike. :smilie_happy:

image.php

Latest posts