Jessco GL1000

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep - they're both my videos.

I've not put any video of my 'Wing on the 'net until this second video.

yep ...thats the real deal single carb set up ...i would like to have a bike set up like this .....seems c85 has done his work in the trenches ...if i had the funds id build one ,,,,seems even these carbs are getting hard to find too...id sure like to a 28-36 weber carb jetted and all like the video...his bike and the mongrel bike of mine are about twins ...i sure like the 78-79 bikes there the best looking nakidd out there

joedrum":2fx6l569 said:
yep ...thats the real deal single carb set up ...i would like to have a bike set up like this .....seems c85 has done his work in the trenches ...if i had the funds id build one ,,,,seems even these carbs are getting hard to find too...id sure like to a 28-36 weber carb jetted and all like the video...his bike and the mongrel bike of mine are about twins ...i sure like the 78-79 bikes there the best looking nakidd out there

Thanks Joe - I'm still in the trenches...

I ran the 28/36 for a year or so. I'd run it today if it weren't so hard for you to get. They are not made anymore and parts are hard to find. A Weber DFT32 (32/32 DFT) is on the bike in the video. I buy those carburetors new. They're progressive as well. I've tried many carburetors, and for a two-barrel, ...this is the one to have. I do modifications and tailor them to the 1000 'Wing.

skiri251":yebtnx8s said:
Wow! Great sound!
How much is due to single weber vs non-stock mufflers?

Thanks for the compliment.

Well, it's really a combination of all of it.

32 degrees of int/ex overlap contribute more to the sound than anything else.

joedrum":c6p2om9j said:
are you saying you have a 32degree total overlap cam in the bike ?

Yes - I've a custom grind.
It all works together.

thats interesting ....do you have personal opinion on it with carb and all stock verses custom cam ...or was it to far apart and never same setup to compare

Sounds purdy kewl....like an old small block with a FI cam!!

That bike is kinda hard to start, ain't it? :smilie_happy:

Personal opinion as follows below:

...my induction on a stock engine gives more peak horsepower and torque than the factory carburetor rack can give.
Is that what you wanted know?

You will read otherwise on another forum, ...specifically the NGW site.
Yesterday, 3 minutes after posting this same video there, I was banned once again (as user "gregh35" this time) and the thread was deleted - originally being "banned for life" 3 years ago (CaptainMidnight85) for outing Randakk on misleading others about single carburetion performance.
---------------------------------------------------------------
So, ..what are my personal opinions really worth?
I'm trying to let the video speak for itself. A fella wanted to know what the bellcrank was all about. A video was the best route to show it. As set, it gives a 35% over-pull of the Weber throttle valve in relation to throttle grip twist, meaning: I twist the throttle 35% less to get the same amount of valve opening compared against no bellcrank in normal throttle grip operation. Things can happen faster or slower using the bellcrank depending on how the linkage is set (among other reasons for using it).
--------------------------------------
The video ending... where the girl is crossing the street, ...that's the tire breaking traction. I had to get off of it...
--------------------------------------
Naturally Aspirated 106HP Single Carb GL1000 - it's the real deal alright...
My bike and I are known well-enough in my neighborhood. If you're ever near Sioux Falls we'll take a cruise through town.

AApple":1djzpz7o said:
Sounds purdy kewl....like an old small block with a FI cam!!

That bike is kinda hard to start, ain't it? :smilie_happy:

I started with them old small-blocks. Still have a de-stroked Chevy akin to the DZ302, except better. :cool:

dan filipi":3dek1j74 said:
Cool bellcrank mod, stocker could use that.

I'm really interested in the cam grind.
Did you do it or have it done?
Cost?

Hi Dan - Thanks, the Bellcrank is just a good idea. Allows use of the factory cables without modification. I can clock the linkage for over/under pull giving the throttle a different feel. I like it with over-pull.

I don't have the factory cable mount attatched in the video though. It's easier for me to use a single pull cable when I'm fabricating this or that, so we're seeing a single cable in the video from where I left-off when last testing. One cable is easier to manage than two when a carb is constantly on and off.

I'm still figuring the best way/approach to include a page listing the various modifications, including the cam specs.

I spec'd the profile I wanted and had the camshafts cut.
I've more in the cams than what I originally purchased the bike for.

It do add up don't it.

I have a local shop "says" they could cut me some mild cams about $250 each but they need the specs.
I'm not ready to spend that kind of money but we all can dream.

I'm sending you a PM here shortly.

PM - Ok.

The clutch is a EBC replacement. It doesn't slip. I do feather it alot though. I like to hear my engine talk to me.

Great! That's good news, ...not being banned.

That tick resulted from a hasty valve adjustment one day last year. I've tried to bribe it away with no luck. I think it likes me.

It would be nice to know specifics of cam grind for overlap. I think $250 is a good price from what I've seen online for cam grinds. The Trev White article begs people to improve the breathing to tap into potential torque and hp.

ekvh":2bivexc1 said:
It would be nice to know specifics of cam grind for overlap. I think $250 is a good price from what I've seen online for cam grinds. The Trev White article begs people to improve the breathing to tap into potential torque and hp.

$250.00?
What are you getting for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.