Jessco GL1000

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CM85":16isapp9 said:
...for a comparison, here is a stock, low-mileage and clean '78 with the Cycle Innovations Invader set-up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JykVTCDWyc4
That video reminds me of way back when the smog requirements here in California required older non-emission cars have some vaccuum devices put on and the advance had to be retarded to pass the test.
Real lopey, slow acceleration and crappy idle.
The bike in that vid needs some serious tuning.

yes that was a nice running one it seemed watch a rice with one for 13 minures sounded gret did gret never dhowed the carb and manifold how in the world you dont do that

That set-up is one of Juan's.
He started selling them on eBay about a year-and-a-half ago or thereabouts.
His manifolds started out as copper, made from water-pipe fittings pictured below.
His stuff has come a long way.

!B+,rvs!BGk~$(KGrHqR,!hgEzepylYIrBM+mdHU8p!~~_12.jpg

Progress being made on the new jig. Things never happen fast enough. Back and forth, back and forth...
DSC02139.JPG

Left to Right:
The set-up I use at the house to proto on,
The manifold from the daily rider,
The first manifold from the new jig home for a test fitting.
DSC02160.JPG

Well, the jig is right so far. My primary concern was for the flanges, ...the bolt pattern. I need it dead-on and perfect. It's good.
I've additional jigs that will be removable/interchangeable to this main jig for the outside left and right positions of the assembled manifold so the addition of fuel injection ports can be done. The "secondary jigs" (as I call them) will include a set for the dual-carb manifolds.
Actually, what is pictured for a "jig" is only the top plate. This plate will sit on a box that is used to flow air through the manifold to aide the cooling of the welded material immediately after welding. I'll get to showing that in time.
I've a flow bench that can do double-duty to pressure test each one when finished.
I've a seperate pressure station to test the coolant chamber.

Joe, an enormous amount of time and expense to get it to this point. At least for me anyway.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=68883#p68883:3jt9xyhb said:
CM85 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:34 pm[/url]":3jt9xyhb]
dan filipi":3jt9xyhb said:
Proper tuning is VERY important. The stock 2 bbl was set up for that engine and what it ran best with.
I'm just kinda rattling on but my point is there are many other factors come into play to dial in anything properly be it a single or the stock 4 on these 4 bangers.

Dan, that hits the nail as squarely on the head as it can be hit.

Running the factory Kehin rack of 4, no matter what, will give different characteristics than a single, or even dual carburetors. All three approaches will have their trade-offs and their benefits. In running a single carburetor there will be differences in single versus dual throat carbs. Large venturi carburetors significantly differ than small venturi carbs wether single or dual throat. Most complaints I see are from a improperly set-up carburetor with these conversions. Manifold design plays a vital role too. There is much to work with and tune from a single carburetors throttle valve to the intake valve at the combustion chamber. Dual carburetor set-ups have little to do with the calculations required for a single carburetor set-up, but trying to get the single to offer what the dual, or the quad set-up can provide is challenging. Any one of the three set-ups can nearly equal, can equal, or can outperform the remaining two if designed to do so.

Example my manifold,
a) I can very nearly match a stock or dual set-up in off-idle throttle response. I cannot match or outperform it off-idle as witnessed in the video though. I've done the best I can do with regards to off-idle throttle response and a single carburetor and I'm very pleased with the results.
b) I match all other characteristics, and...
c) I outperform mid and upper range RPM throttle response times by optimizing the design of the manifold to do so.

So, while I cannot match the 4 Kehins in off-idle response, I can take advantage of the plenum and runners of the manifold and manipulate port velocities at various RPM to give me what the stock 4 Kehins cannot.

...trade-offs.

All three have their benefits, all three have their limitations.

This is just induction. Then there are the other factors.
It all has to work together.
Excellent point Dan.

It's interesting to read back on these old threads.

The way CM85 talks today, his manifold and carb combo has no problems but (quoted in red above) it's clear to see he has some work and learning why to do.
Perhaps taking a step back and considering this is not rocket science may help.
By installing the 2 to 1 adapter and jetting the carb, mine has no response problems at any rpm.

I guess you could say the "Jessco" manifold WAS "the real deal".

:popcorn: :smilie_happy:

Smart hands people actually know how to produce what their mind wants. Not just blab big words of discount & dumbness to stop others from competing against their lack of skilled hands to produce ...

making them totally :0fftopic:

So Slab, he sucked you right in, didn't he! LOL Unbelieveable how he swoops in and takes over any and all things single carb. I can't say for certainty, but I think when Westgl started the post at Saunders, it was just single carbs, not just 32dft. Now he is the one defining the posts....like all the others in the archives there.

I simply got tired of his snobbery and evasive bs. How can you possibly be promoting a change if you are adamantly against sharing any information on that change? I'm here to help all the members in the open forums. I'm not about to pick and choose to help one over another in pm.

Exactly, about the time you think he might reveal something that would make it understandable, he leaves you hanging. The truth is he horns in and takes over these threads. At times, it seems he is purposely throwing people off and confusing them. It seemed at first he was going to help, but the end result is it becomes his thread. He was trying to do that here. Anyways, sure wish it warm up.

Like I said he's an egomaniac, and obviously feels Saunder's old site is the biggest and he derives self gratification from being what he perceives a "big shot" on that forum. :fiddle:

~O~

:fishin: :laptop: :head bang: :head bang: :head bang: :fiddle: :fishin: :laptop: :head bang: :head bang: :head bang: :rant: :rant: :rant: :read: :builder: :head bang: :head bang: :popcorn: :wave: just make me laugh anymore. I'LL post what I know not afraid to share.... Its sad. and mean people suck....

He's free to post his malarkey but now if anyone actually reads through they will at least have some insight into the true nature of it.

So what is the story on this guy?

He surfaced at Saunders in 2009, I know he's gotten into NGW under a few aliases and been banned.

He was cm85 here. I kicked him out for not supporting his unreal claims.

What is his background?
Has anyone ever seen his "manifold" in real life running on a bike to back up any of his claims?

1. He claims having put dual valves in a GL cylinder head. No pictures.
2. Claimed having an alternator driven off rear of the engine. No pictures.

Sure makes me question his credibility. Doesn't it you?

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=108913#p108913:982z0va8 said:
dan filipi » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:16 am[/url]":982z0va8]
So what is the story on this guy?

He surfaced at Saunders in 2009, I know he's gotten into NGW under a few aliases and been banned.

He was cm85 here. I kicked him out for not supporting his unreal claims.

What is his background?
Has anyone ever seen his "manifold" in real life running on a bike to back up any of his claims?

1. He claims having put dual valves in a GL cylinder head. No pictures.
2. Claimed having an alternator driven off rear of the engine. No pictures.

Sure makes me question his credibility. Doesn't it you?
It does. But he "helps" build the bestest firetrucks! :doh: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

A true measure of a persons sincerity and passion toward others is communicating to them in a way they can easily understand.
Captain Midnight has proven over and over he is not capable of doing this.

If others insist on reading and following his complicated method of explaining simple theory, so be it.
I'm tired of reading his stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.