Brake pedal pad replacement

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D-50Dave

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the original owner added a rubber brake pedal to the foot brake. The rubber pad wore out and earlier this week finally fell off. The 2x3 plate is bolted to the original pedal. I've been unable to find a rubber pad only to replace it. Any suggestions?
DSC01910.JPG

DSC01909.JPG

Unbolt the plate and take it to an auto accessory store and look at their small car brake and clutch pedal pad replacements.

Either what Tony stated or auto salvage yards. Small imports have brake and clutch pedal pads about that size: it almost looks like it was hand made. I could be wrong, but I don't think that was ever sold as a specific part for a GoldWing.

Agreed! Not a bike part at all. Any parts store should have replacement pads for small cars and trucks that should contain one that fits. If you like you can probably coat it with a few layers of bedliner coating for trucks. That should hold up a long time.

If it were me I would take and use a counter sunk screw and replace the round head to flatten the surface down then look in the dollar store at door mats and other black inexpensive rubber things you could trim to fit the pedal, even a car pedal pad replacement could be trimmed to fit.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=179733#p179733:1kr93rd7 said:
PurpleGL1200I » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:28 am[/url]":1kr93rd7]
Cut a replacement out of a mud flap from a semi. You can find them along most interstates.
:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

[url=https://forum.classicgoldwings.com/viewtopic.php?p=179692#p179692:3o8kt72s said:
brianinpa » Today, 8:12 am[/url]":3o8kt72s]
... it almost looks like it was hand made. I could be wrong, but I don't think that was ever sold as a specific part for a GoldWing.
After thinking about it today at work, I've come to the same conclusion. It was a standard, ribbed rubber pad. I'll go to the auto parts store this weekend and see what I can find. I can trim the plate down a bit to fit a smaller pad and I'd never miss it. Thanx for the input, Dave

Pep Boys, Autozone, etc....look for a replacement pad for a parking brake pedal. I've seen them in the "Help" section....they have several versions available. :yes:

So, with the homemade foot brake plate off and in my pocket, I hopped over to the local chain autoparts store. There in the HELP! section was the perfect pad; Dorman #20729 for those of you playing along at home. Here's the factory pedal (with hole)
DSC01911.JPG

With plate remounted and pad in place
DSC01912.JPG

Dorman #20729
DSC01913.JPG

I wasted 45 minutes of my life searching online and the answer was right down the road. :blush:
Thanx for the input and well wishes. Dave

The bike came that way and I've never ridden another, so I have no comparison. It's dead solid, but its tight between the pad and the fuel pump cover. In my steel-toes I just use the outside half, in sneakers I tuck my toe under the cover. I bought pegs and a stock shifter to convert back to stock when my cousin came out to visit from Pheonix, but he never got comfortable on it, (HD guy) and stock felt uncomfortable to me.

Latest posts