PICT3 install

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

auctioneeral

Supporting Member
Reaction score
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=148262#p148262:7e94wrn0 said:
zman » May 7th, 2015, 7:37 pm[/url]":7e94wrn0]
Thought this had a single carb going on it? along with the other tips look at the plug wires where they fit into the coils, have seen the point that stabs the wire or wire completely burned off, as well check for continuity in the spark plug cap, have seen these fail in the past, I suppose you checked your firing order, I have heard they will run but poorly if the wires aren't correct.

Jeff your correct on single Carb, but I have not got to it yet. And this guy stop by so I thought I would let him hear it. I'm just trying to get thing to run. I'm thinking it's got to be in plugs, wires or plug boots because I just replace them.
What do you guys think of putting the single Carb on it and see if I still have cold exhaust on #2 #4 cylinders. That way I maybe be able to tell if it's ignition or carbs.
I have the other bike so I could swap coils and start units.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=148302#p148302:3f53j6k4 said:
slabghost » 41 minutes ago[/url]":3f53j6k4]
Best plan to me. Yes put the single carb on. That will at least feed all four cylinders.
Agreed.

Ok guy's help needed
Installed empi 34-3 carburetor
It sounds better then stock carburetor so the stock carburetors need work.
Now with the 34-3 carb. When I take choke off motor stalls put choke half on it runs and idles.
I try adjusting volume screw still same.
Does that mean I have to put a different jet in it

When closing the choke plate the engine sucks in more gas.
This means gas (or enough of it) isn't coming from where it's suppose to.

I would first make sure all the jet passages are clean and clear and positive there are no vacuum leaks.

Leave the choke on at the position it runs and check every joint for air leaks. Out of the box most of these carbs run rich. Lean condition is likely air leaks. Check from carb base gasket to heads.

This thread is all over the place, from possible bad rod bearings to bent/stuck valve to carb problems, now it's getting a single running.

A new topic needs to be started about the single carb in that forum.

the fast idle cam.has to be adjusted first.on top 4 thousands is where to start.then big screw,small screw,adjustment..choke should be 12 volt,make sure you have power,did you ground carb?plus 12 volt goes to fuel pump.you should have 2 hots and a ground coming off of carb.1 hot =choke.2=fuel pump.3=ground off of carb to frame..after fast idle is set..thats is your idle..then the other two will smooth it out for ya..tom

Latest posts