aspy's fairing...10lbs of s%$t in a 5lb pail

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deanbw

Reaction score
I got the aspy's fairing stripped down bare and cleaned all the dirt and dead bugs out of it.
here it is with the main harness going back in-
fairing b.jpg

I bought the factory CB and assorted sundries to get it all connected, man does it get busy in their, but after trying a few times I got everything to fit quite nice so the pocket just drops in without forcing it down into place.
20150519_160221.jpg

I took the compressor apart and replaced the desiccant with new also cleaned the switch and lubed the air valve orings with silicone while I had it apart.
I got everything put back in the fairing and was kind of in awe of how much stuff fits in that little bugger.
It helps to try routing all the tubes and wires a few different ways to find what fits best to keep it clean in there otherwise the pockets don't like to fit very well, the stock routing is a good example of bad routing.
20150519_183334.jpg

Once I finally finished getting the fairing back together, it was time to put it on the bike. This is a big day for the project, I bought this bike in november '14 and its been ridden about 10 feet. it is good to see it this far along, I let cleaning it get out of hand a little so now that it looks like a bike again it feels like I'm getting somewhere.
20150519_214817.jpg

20150519_214844.jpg

20150519_214737.jpg

From where I sit, that looks pretty clean!

I had a Honda-line fairing that I was going to replace my Vetter with until I tore it apart to clean it up. There was just too much crap inside there and there was no way I was going to fight with it to put it all back together again.

Latest posts