Installing headlight fork ears

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dusterdude

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1949 panhead,1972 cb750,1980 gl1100,1985 gl1200,1998 cbr600f3 and 2003 vulcan 1600 classic
I'm attempting to install my fork tubes into my triple trees.the headlight fork ears have a lot of up and down play,I would say a good 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch.bear in mind these were not on the bike when I tore it down.am I missing something to space them up or do I maybe have the wrong ears?thanks

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk

After further review,I think I need number 32 in the gl1100 front fork parts diagram,can someone confirm this?thanks

Thought so and I agree,what looking I've done there are none to be had.I did however,find headlight ears that wrap around the tubes,may have to go that way.

Maybe a trip to the local hardware store is in order.

Not the big box ones, but the type that have been there for decades. Bet they have something that would work as a spacer.

Hmmm,now that's an idea.thanke for that

Pd,I've got all kinds of ideas runnin thru my head.lol

I was thinking plumbing department or large square o-rings.

Something rubber around 1 1/2" should stretch around the fork.

We're on the same thought process.will update when I come up with something.

BTW, the rubber pieces were also used on the CB series Honda's. Essentially, most Honda's with the headlight and turn signal ears used them.

Yea,I looked at my cb750 yesterday and it damn sure has em

Latest posts