LOGIN  
Welcome to Classicgoldwings Chat Live Chat:   >  
Make a Donation and
Become a Supporting Member!
It is currently 2021-08-05- 4:27
Who Is Online: 1wiseguy2, dan filipi, julimike54, quepsiphi18 ....1 guest(s) viewing this forum
Jump to:  

Portal » Forums » Resources » Goldwing and other M/C Links. Member Recommended Suppliers and Parts » Fuel System

Welcome to Classic Goldwings!
You are now viewing the forums as a guest which has very limited access to the forums.

Share Post: Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace  Post Number:#1  Unread postPosted: 2020-12-14- 12:55

Topic author

Total Posts: 2
Active Topics: 1

Local time: 2021-08-05- 6:27
My Bike Models: 1975 x 3

1975 carbs, this "jet" / "plug" was crossthreaded probably at the factory, can't find an id in shop manual or on the net. Had a spare set of 1975 carbs I bought, these are not in it (was missing other pieces too). Opened a #1 carb on a set of 1976 carbs, not installed. Have one more set of 1975 but they are on a complete but locked up bike, hate to start borrowing from it. Questios, What is it? What does it do? If its a plug I can make it work. In the pic the threaded hole is at the 2 o'clock position, pic pf the part is best I can get. Can't find a hole thru it so is it just a plug? Mike
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. You must LOGIN or REGISTER to view these files.

Share Post: Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace  Post Number:#2  Unread postPosted: 2020-12-14- 15:34

Site supporter

Total Posts: 776
Active Topics: 62

Total Images: 11
Local time: 2021-08-05- 8:27
My Bike Models: '83 gl1100 A,&I
'78 cb750k,
'74 cb550
& a Harley FXSTC
1979 WilMac trike

Profile Personal album

Would like try to help but, it would helpful if the picture of the "plug" was clearer (it's verry blurry) , and an indication of which hole it was in, in the carb body.
I suppose you could open up the other set of 75's just to see if it's in there. I appreciate your reluctance to "borrow" anything from them

Intrigued by the wail, seduced by the scream.

Share Post: Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace  Post Number:#3  Unread postPosted: 2020-12-14- 20:19

Topic author

Total Posts: 2
Active Topics: 1

Local time: 2021-08-05- 6:27
My Bike Models: 1975 x 3

Its the hole at 2 o'clock within the "circle" which is the seat for the slide. The piece looks just like a jet, slot for screwdriver in end, darker portion is threads, I tried smallest wire in TIG cleaner set, lots of cleaning and light and could detect no hole through it. Have to pull up shelter, remove air cleaner etc to reach inside screw on carb top to get it off, trying to dodge that, Thanks, Mike

Print view |
LOGIN  
Welcome to Classicgoldwings Chat Live Chat:   >   It is currently 2021-08-05- 4:27