Ever seen one of these

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stratocat

Supporting Member
Reaction score
While looking at Golwing stuff on fleabay I ran across this trailer. Never seen anything like it :laptop:

Attachments

• trailer1.jpg
    trailer1.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 302
  • trailer2.jpg
    trailer2.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 304
  • trailer3.jpg
    trailer3.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 299
I bet it's fairly stable while going straight down the road, but a pita in town, turning corners and such...as well as being heavier than a single axle set up. It is kinda cute, tho!

Nice looking trailer! It's going to hurt when you go through a toll both though $$

No I have never seen one of those, pretty cool...twice the bearings ha ha..tires, just kidding

As anyone knows that has pushed around a dual axle trailer it is considerably harder to do. Also I hate the idea of the trailer having more wheels than the tow vehicle unless you are towing a 30' boat. It does look really cool though.....

That is very cool. My question is, if the wheels were lighter by being tall and skinny, (like 4 front tires off your bike) could that help offset the drawbacks of having dual wheels? Does a set of dual axels alleviate some of the care in loading for tongue weight?
My MC camper can go from ok to bad by adding two bags of ice to the cooler on the tongue. Fortunately I can jettison the ice till arrival.

Hmmmm I'd say yes to a degree but it goes the other way too if bike remain the same side loads increase with more trailer contact points ..I don't see that being good at all in my opinion

Good question. The distance between the tongue and axle center makes a difference. However, the weight distribution also makes a huge difference. With a dual axle, you want the weight over the axles nearly equal but favor the forward axle. It also depends on how the suspension is linked. Some trailers have independent torsion bars per wheel while others have linked springs (like my boat trailer).

Example of the linked springs and carriers on my boat trailer while I was rebuilding it last year. You can see that even though the trailer is down by the tongue, the carriers and links spread the load on the axles. Of course, you reach a point where the tongue is too far down and the load rides on the forward axle only (good way to blow the tires).

IMG_1260.JPG