1200 forks on 1100

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes beefier forks ...wider tire ...disadvantages link brake system ...not that big a deal ...

there more advantage to change rear swing arm and final drive and wheel also to go alone with front forks ....this makes for taller gearing for traveling ...i have 1200 wheels on front and back on my 1000 bike ...the swing arm and final drive was a fantastic mod to me ..im getting 8omph at a bit less than 4000rpm ...great for traveling interstate roads

am definitely doing the swing arm and rear drive. just curious if the front end swap was worth it. will have to sort out gauges and air ride controls as they will not fit on the 1200 tree.

yes on mime i didnt change fork just the 1200 wheel to the 1000 forks witch are the weakest lol..but i did add spring spacers in the forks to stiffen them ...it was quite the parts switching mod ..im not going to begin to think i can remember all i did ...but i kept all the 1000 gauges brakes and all witch they seem ok ....i didnt have 1200 forks to try

Latest posts