• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1979 Honda Goldwing GL1000 for sale

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldwinggirl

Reaction score
1979 Honda Goldwing GL1000 for sale. 26,911 miles, Original paint, mostly original. Vetter faring and bags, Corbin king/queen seat with gel pads installed, Dana points module, Newer battery, new front brake hoses and pads, new muffler gaskets. Electrics all work. Includes nice full face helmet, XL mesh jacket, manuals, extra filters and parts,and carb sync stick. Parts include a second voltage regulator, new solenoid, New fan thermo switch, and neon coil pack. Clean Title and just renewed registration. Currently not running. Needs a Randakk carburetor kit/ overhaul. Leaks fuel into plenum. Think the ethanol in the gas has rottened the plenum seals. Engine turns over. Asking $550, Cash only. Personal situation forces sale.

Located western Sonoma County, California

Attachments

• DSCN1764.jpg
    DSCN1764.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 815
  • DSCN1761.jpg
    DSCN1761.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 808
its a great price for what you described ...someone will have to work on the bike awhile to get right ...so it priced right in my book and shes priced it that way ...good for her...

Ok so I might be crazy, but I'm having second thoughts about selling my wing. The hard time sleeping at night is telling me that once again I'm going to change my mind. Still thinking about it but odds are I'll be needing to give Randakk's a call soon.

Its tough being blonde somedays.

goldwinggirl":3bdwwoob said:
Ok so I might be crazy, but I'm having second thoughts about selling my wing. The hard time sleeping at night is telling me that once again I'm going to change my mind. Still thinking about it but odds are I'll be needing to give Randakk's a call soon.

KEEP HER! tough times or not you'll be glad you did, it's such a nice bike. WORD

~O~

goldwinggirl":8ihuluhe said:

Hey Beni, you look good on that bike anyway!! (Although cash is cash when you do not have it) I was even tempted to offer your price, pay to have you send the carbs to Pistol Pete's for rebuild, pop them back on and then fly to CA and ride the bike back to NJ! (Until I looked at my cash situation :oops: )

It is a very nice bike!

I hope you keep it, fix it and ride the living fire out of it :mrgreen: . Thats a sharp ride you have and if your having second thoughts about selling it now, you will only regret it later :Awe: , for a long time. :crying:

I was trying to organise the purchase of this bike from Beni ( even though it could of meant the end of marital harmony (is that actually a real thing?)) but I am very pleased to find out that she now wants to keep her Great! Gl1000. Good luck and trust your hair color :smilie_happy:

Ansimp":dlky6dg0 said:
I was trying to organise the purchase of this bike from Beni ( even though it could of meant the end of marital harmony (is that actually a real thing?)) but I am very pleased to find out that she now wants to keep her Great! Gl1000. Good luck and trust your hair color :smilie_happy:

ROFL, Well glad I could help you out with the marital harmony. After talking it over both with myself and friends, I've decided to keep it and get a randakks complete carb kit, which I should have done in the first place. But did I do that, Noooooo.

I think my plenum fuel gaskets have given up the ghost. Love the ethanol blended fuels in cali. Had it apart twice already, and its still leaking fuel to the plenum.

That in a new rear tire (old one is ok but old) and new timing belts (mine only have 8k ish on them but they are 8 years old) and I'll be ready for a road trip. Gee I just could not give it up. Great bike

It truly is a great bike, some times we just need plenty of perseverance with these old bikes and eventually we get rewarded.

I really think the fuel in plenum stuff is a stuck or high float.I'd try adjusting them using the wet method on a bench.

slabghost":3b87bfvp said:
I really think the fuel in plenum stuff is a stuck or high float.I'd try adjusting them using the wet method on a bench.
2nd that! I had gas in the plenum AFTER a complete rebuild with Randakks kit and it turned out that the floats were out of adjustment and the float needle as not sealing even though they had been cleaned. Cleaned 3 times before they sealed every time. (Worth looking into!)