• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1980/81 GL1100 parts

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glider101

Reaction score
Have a complete 1981 GL1100 that im parting out.motor is bad and sold the windsheild.but have most other parts for sale.let me know if i can help

the 80-81 1100 were factory electronic. what all do you need for the points setup? and is this on your 79? i have some point plates and advance units that will work

i guess i need the advance thinngy too. i haven't done anything but look under the cover. e mail me and let me know how much they are?
right now i'm not getting any spark at all. thanks bill

mwbill37841":frhog60e said:
I DON'T THINK SO it says dynaIII in the little boz looking thing where the wires come out.
the black box will have III on it if its a dyna III system. they did have some problems with the box on those, but over all it is a very good system. if you contact dyna they will work with you on eather repairing it, or replacing it. at a very resonable cost

yes i dont know a lot about those but they have an outboard box also on them ....the dyna S is a much better setup ...they have a great customer service teck thing going on or did a few yrs ago....the dyna S setup with the matching coils and wires kit is a great ignition setup period for your 79 wing ...mines bin going for yrs

prairiewing81":2lbwec3e said:
Is it an Interstate or Standard? I bought a resto project with the fairing and bags in pieces, and I think pieces are missing. If it is a standard, I would be interested in the headlight mounts on the forks.
i have a very nice set of chrome headlight mounts. they can be seen at wingovations.com or i can send you a picture to your email

cyborg":kiqs4jy5 said:
prairiewing81":kiqs4jy5 said:
Is it an Interstate or Standard? I bought a resto project with the fairing and bags in pieces, and I think pieces are missing. If it is a standard, I would be interested in the headlight mounts on the forks.
i have a very nice set of chrome headlight mounts. they can be seen at wingovations.com or i can send you a picture to your email

actually i think the ones on the siter have been sold, but i hacve another very nice set i will sell a bit cheaper

glider101":2ubd86f2 said:
Have a complete 1981 GL1100 that im parting out.motor is bad and sold the windsheild.but have most other parts for sale.let me know if i can help

Hey Glider,
I'm looking for a seat. If you have a good one still please shoot me a note.
Thanks Mike