• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1980 GL1100i

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave_J

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 1980 GL1100i that I bought Oct 3rd, 2009 and hit a car at about 15 MPH on Oct 5th, yeah 3 days of riding. Anyway, I had all the parts to repair this till I sent the forks out to have rebuilt and the rebuilder stole mine and a few other peoples parts.

From the pic's you will see it has Hondaline bags, trunk and a Vetter fairing with new shield in the bag, I have the lower Vetter legging parts too. Many extra parts come with it. It has a light bar for the side bags, lots of chrome parts, new timing belts and rad hoses. Just no FORK's. I am letting this go cheap, IMHO. NO, I can not part it out and I do not need to just give it away or pay you to "Take it off my hands", lets be real. It is apart and not rideable. Would need local pickup. I now have clear title in my hand. $700 or reasonable offer. Use the email link. DaveJ

Seat.jpg

Side bag.jpg

Rear with light bar.jpg

Top Trunk.jpg

Side Chrome.jpg

So another set of forks and a bit of work and one would have a complete 80 ready to go? Sounds like a fair deal. Good luck with your sale Dave :good:

Yeah, I posted this earlier this year but I did not think I had the title. I changed the title to my name 10 days after my accident while I was still in so much pain and DO NOT remember doing it.

I have all the lock's that are keyed the same for the bags and trunk. I had taken it all apart and had it sanded down to respray, shot the first coat of Fire Engine red on and could not finish because I had another motorcycle wreck. Two motorcycle wrecks in 44 years of riding and they were 13 months apart. First one busted everything on my left side, second one, everything on right side. I can not do too much mechanical work anymore.

Excellent winter project.

Let's hope they don't come in threes :beg:
Sorry to hear of two accidents in such a short period of time but sounds like you had a great run for the first 42 years riding :yes:
Once again good luck with your sale :good:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=131928#p131928:2bgt9wyn said:
joedrum » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:02 am[/url]":2bgt9wyn]
sheesh this story sucks ....recoup dave.... getting cheated one thing...getting hit twice had to be rough ...
+1

Oh, My bad. This Goldwing I crashed Oct 5th 2009 and then I hit an 87 year old mans Chevy pickup doing 45 MPH when he pulled out of a 7-11 right in front of me Dec 7th 2010. These are not new accidents but I am still only at 80% recovered. I have put 60,000 miles on my 2008 Burgman 650 cc scooter that I bought new Dec 24, 2010 while still in a cast and could not ride it till March 2011. I also put 5500 miles on a 2009 Moto Guzzi Norge GT last year. I drive a CAGE at work but commute year round on a motorcycle, even in the snow. :Egyptian:

But thanks for the get wells. :music: I am sure 80% will be it till I check out.

Good to hear that you are only missing 20% and still managing plenty of riding :good:

Latest posts