• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1981 GL1100 carbs

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glider101

Reaction score
I have the complete carb setup for a 81 glodwing...they will need cleaning and new jets....will sell for 50.00 plus shipping..i cant download pic's on this site so if you want a pic of them PM me your email address and i will send some

Ok, Glider101 I just sent you a payment for these carbs so I can do my research on the extractor tool I'm working on..I will make a video and take photo's...Document it is what I'm trying to say..Thank's again Ted.. You're alright man..

Extractor tool? All u need to do is drill and tap for and M3 screw and use a nut like I did. Look at my pic's. Very simple and cheap.

Fitz2at thanks man, I gotta try that...I just don't know any better is all..just screw the nut down on the tower right?...Wow that's brilliant why didn't I think of that. :smilie_happy: .???? Now Glider101, you received my money order for $80.00 on the 26th of july, $50.00 for a set of carbs and 30 for shipping just like you wanted, you said you were going to send it then, I go to kansas and get back on the 2nd, and I find there is no tracking number sent for my carbs like I asked, I email you and you reply, I am sending them out tomorrow the 3rd of Aug. so today I have heard nothing.. this is not how we do things here on this site sir, if you think it is you are mistaken...

littlebeaver":1cn76f4p said:
Fitz2at thanks man, I gotta try that...I just don't know any better is all..just screw the nut down on the tower right?...Wow that's brilliant why didn't I think of that. :smilie_happy: .???? Now Glider101, you received my money order for $80.00 on the 26th of july, $50.00 for a set of carbs and 30 for shipping just like you wanted, you said you were going to send it then, I go to kansas and get back on the 2nd, and I find there is no tracking number sent for my carbs like I asked, I email you and you reply, I am sending them out tomorrow the 3rd of Aug. so today I have heard nothing.. this is not how we do things here on this site sir, if you think it is you are mistaken...

:music: Nope not the way we do things is right :music:

Fitz2at":3bxv2fy5 said:
Extractor tool? All u need to do is drill and tap for and M3 screw and use a nut like I did. Look at my pic's. Very simple and cheap.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2676 Pretty good idea there ha ha,,,,I just posted an idea on checking your oil but it was taken by Dan Filipi and I had no idea he posted it or it existed [oh crap :shock: :shock: ], so I know the feeling :clapping: ... :smilie_happy: It's all good man...Silly Rabbit :smilie_happy: Makes me feel kinda good that you are doing it and selling it to me ha ha... :clapping: :clapping:

Hey fella's Glider101 has sent my carbs out today, he has supplied me with a tracking number, I find that to be good news, better late that never is what I say, he has had issues with his eldest son and we all know what kids can do to our nerves.. So he has held up to his word.... That's great...We might even get together for lunch sometime...

The United States Postal Service has notified me that my carbs will be delivered today...I don't care what shape these are in as long as the slow jets are still in place...

a jackhammer Joe, hey that has a nice ring to it,, Jackhammer Joe.. :Egyptian: :Egyptian: These were under water I think for a spell... :smilie_happy: It's ok though...I didn't expect better.. I bet glider is cracking up right now,,,with us...I really don't care I think it's funny as hell... :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: I'm gonna call SpongeBob and his friends to help me on this one... :smilie_happy:

Holy Toledo Man, there's gold in them there hill's... :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :shock: :shock: :shock: Notice one of the screws heads broke off as I was turning it, see the screw in the base...I'll fetch it.. :smilie_happy:

beave do you have a parts washers or small pump ....and a bucket big enough to sink the carbs ,,,sink then in deisil and aft mix and move the fluid cantinuosly for afew days ..periodicly useing good brusch on them ....thats what id do first

first time i ever seen intake rubbers stuck on the carb and the horn pulled off ...how amazing :shock:

Yeh I will soak them for a while for sure thanks Joe...It's going to be a true test to see if my tool pulls these slow jets out, I wanted a bad set of carbs to test it on and I got them.... I now have some great replacement parts too if I want, or I may just rebuild them.. they are in pretty bad shape though...I can do anything...I think, or at least try.....

littlebeaver":2lya0fri said:
I got my carbs in....Here are some photo's

Oh well, it will keep me busy for a while ha ha, and I still hope to pull the jets,, my gosh..What the the inside look like.. :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: OMG It looks like a boat anchor where did they store that in a sludge pond? your a brave little beaver !! :eek:k: :eek:k:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/290753549203?ssP ... 1555.l2649

Here is one I have listed - (have three more once it is gone) 1/3 off for guys on this site !

No Im not CRACKING up i never said that they were in great,usable,working order i said for sale. no one asked me the condition.so with that said.dont bash the seller

Latest posts