• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1983 gl1100 interstate air filter box

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

src68

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello.... anyone selling a 1983 air filter box? i guess mine didn't come with one... and it was suppose to.
or if not.... where i can get one.. and the approx. amount of one?

thx

Free would be great but if you need the part then !!!!! place a bit and see what happens... look at the pics very close and bid on the best looking.. ask questions of the seller....Is it compleat is it rusty does it come with the mounting bolts....some of these guys sell parts they do't even know what they are or where they go. I will try to remember to take mine off and get some pics

src68":3fei6h49 said:
Hello.... anyone selling a 1983 air filter box? i guess mine didn't come with one... and it was suppose to.
or if not.... where i can get one.. and the approx. amount of one?

thx

If I remember correctly from the picture you posted after cleaning out the carbs of trash you already have the box and the center bracket with the stud. You need just the filter cover I think.

Yes, here's the post- viewtopic.php?p=31050#p31050

Then in that same thread you posted a picture of the air filter cover- viewtopic.php?p=31164#p31164

It looks to me if you have those parts all you need is a filter, a washer and a nut to hold the cover on.

It looks to me like he has everything but a nut and number 5 gasket and number 6 gasket under the top cover if it aint there, well and a air filter of course.

https://cheapcycleparts.com/model_years/ ... blies/4129

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

dan filipi":6in1nm8g said:
It looks to me like he has everything but a nut and number 5 gasket and number 6 gasket under the top cover if it aint there, well and a air filter of course.

https://cheapcycleparts.com/model_years/ ... blies/4129

View attachment 1

Part #2 is the filter. Does the OEM filter have a closed top? I have a K&N filter that has the depicted cover and it is removable and has a seperate nut to hold it to the base. In my shop manual there is a picture in the maintenance section showing a metal cover on the filter inside the air box.

ok..... so what do i need. do i need a box? or is it in the bike...?? and what about all those other parts on the diagram... do i need some of tehm too??
thx

You need just the filter and two nuts to fit that center stud. One nut for the filter. The other for that cover you showed.

slabghost":2zxk7hxp said:
You need just the filter and two nuts to fit that center stud. One nut for the filter. The other for that cover you showed.

thanks.... so does a nut come with the filter? or i have to get that seperatly.... and will any nut work? i have the wing nut that attached the cover...
is that the type of nut i need for the filter... if it don't come with one.??

dan filipi":ai05ut6t said:
The wing nut holds the cover down which also holds the filter in place.

ok... this is what i got... do do i need the gasket that was shown in the pic above.???

Attachments

• DSCN2739.JPG
    DSCN2739.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 74

Latest posts