• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1985 GL1200 Aspencade

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobo

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've committed to buying GL1500 , so now I want this Classic Goldwing to go to a GREAT new owner. Ideally, it would be to a buyer in the north central region, so I might see him now and then and ride with his new owner. Next best would be someone near Houston, in which case I'll take a final ride on this Wing down to Texas for delivery and then pick up the GL1500 I'm buying from a gent east of Houston. By the way, I'll still be a member here, since I still have "Bobo", my GL1100 that I'm nearly finished with and plan to keep him for a "runaround Wing". The GL1500 with trailer is for some long touring that I'm planning to do, starting this fall.

61,xxx original miles. Mechanical condition: Excellent. Appearance: Very Good.

Asking price: $3,500, and I'm pretty firm about it, since he runs even better than he looks. I have ordered and will install fresh brake pads for the front brakes, just because it's time for them, and also new foam handlebar grips for the same reason. Includes the COMPLETE Honda tool kit/bag, Clymer manual, and a spare set of front wheel bearings. Doesn't need them yet, but I bought them to swap out when the time came.

The most important thing to me is that he goes to a good home, to someone who will appreciate all the work done to bring him to a level of performance I'd put up against any stock GL1200. To promote this, I'll provide the ultimate owner with up to 10 hours of phone consultation over the first three months of their ownership, to help them understand the Wing, all that's been done [the list is far too long to post here] and what the next steps in his care should be. His only deficiency is his tires. They need to be replaced within 2,000 road miles. No cracks and some tread, but they are older and I want the buyer to be safe and the Wing to enjoy good "feet" under him. He wants to RUN and with some fresh rubber he'll enjoy some sportier riding even better!

I'm posting this here, not because I think you folks would necessarily be the buyers, but because you know people who know that you are knowledgeable Classic Goldwing motorcyclists and mechanics. If you know someone anywhere near Minnesota, hopefully mechanically knowledgeable or with an interest in learning, so "Tatanka" as I've called him will be well-maintained for many years of enjoyment, please send them my way. AND, to make it worth your while, if anyone here sends the ultimate buyer for this Wing my way, I'[ll pay them $50 cash for the referral.

Thanks,
Kevin

image.php

image.php

image.php

(fixed image links,df)

Yeah, it should be cool! This is the rig I've got booked.

image.php

I'd have loved to keep all three Wings, but simply don't have the space without inconveniencing the "spousal unit." :shock: :shock:

I could arrange off-site storage, but frankly I'm trying to SIMPLIFY my life. Also closing the deal on my boat today. I'd rather be riding than wrenching at this point in the game (59 in Nov.)

We're of like minds, Brother. I'm "Going Galt"; I'll only work for cash from here on. The only thing I can do at this point is to quit feeding this ravenous BEAST our government, at all levels, has become. Between the Federal and State of Minnesota governments alone, they want half of all I earn. To me, that's a working definition of slavery. Hell, even sharecroppers in the South generally got to keep 80% of the harvest. No more!

I'll ride more, particularly out West, I'll work for cash (carpentry, plumbing, and cabinet-making) as I need to and opportunities avail themselves, etc. One thing I DO know: I will not willingly be a slave!

Latest posts