1985 GL1200 Limited ECU Replacement/Upgrade - Part 3 - Road Trials

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My intent is to now put together a schematic for a basic install that will work and replace the OEM ECU. I had this at the start so recreating it will not be an issue. May go back to this configuration as well. Can always upgrade later on to sequential fuel/ignition, but first to change to paired injectors and determine if I have a dash RPM indication or not. The Speeduino wiring was much less at the start as well. I will keep the wiring for the new barometric sensor. I mention this because one of my requirements at the start of this project is to be able to go back to the OEM CFI system. May have to get another wiring harness, this one has been modified a couple of times.

Going back to basics may tweak some interest in the GW community. The last piece of the puzzle will be getting a good base engine tune done from road trials, and detail how to set up the tuning software settings/parameters for others to follow. This is the challenge at the moment.

Will be heading back to Ontario for the month of July to my sister's for the last work period on the house and on return start the change/tuning process. Be off line for a while, but will monitor and comment if necessary.

Cheers