81 and 82 Speedometer Interchangeble?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well, I just finished installing the 81 speedometer on my 82 and I think the only thing different is I no longer have the self cancelling turn signals....that being said, mine didn't work very well to begin with so no loss to me and the new speedometer seems right on with my tach readings. I sure do hope I never have to change it out again....big pain in the butt if you don't remove alot of stuff to get to it. I didn't remove anything and my fat hands and arms didn't want to go in those tight spots very well...lots of cramps and cussing after dropping nuts and washers.

I noticed since tightening my steering head that my right turn cancel requires more than just going straight. I have to throw a little left wiggle past center into it to get a cancel. Might clean up the angle sensor on my next maintenance break.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=84073#p84073:1bmpr5ad said:
joedrum » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:57 am[/url]":1bmpr5ad]I have a big problem turning them off sometimes ....sheesh ...it can be very dangerous in heavy traffic ...just the right time to forget also with all the traffic going on too
I know....when I was following you back in 2010, I kept thinking we were turning until I realized you just like to keep the signals on for good measure! :hihihi:

The more you use them the better. Around here it seems that most cage drivers could save money by not ordering them for their new vehicles as they don't use them anyway! :whip: