• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

82 for sale

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm selling my 82. Getting harder for me to take care of due to pulmonary issues related to my transplant. I'm experiencing a loss of breathing function due to a weakness of the large pulmonary airways, IE., they collapse during exertion and make breathing difficult.

OK, with the reason out of the way let's get onto the bike:

Most extensive work was completed in 09 and very little mileage since then, actually less than 3k due to ongoing illness. Gas has been kept fresh and the bike started and run, usually short trips around the large block.

Asking for interested parties to make an offer over 2k.

I will not ship ... sorry but that's just how it is!

Mileage on bike currently is 37,029

1982 Interstate stripped.
Gel battery, less that 2 years old.
I'm the 3rd owner and I've owned it since 1995.
Say so myself, very well taken care of.
Fenders, side panels, and faux tank were covered with a black marine grade leather look material.
Carbs were rebuilt by Pistol Pete in 09.
Quite a few parts have been powder coated and were done by Deeks powder coating in 09.
Front and rear brakes and both master cylinders were completely rebuilt in 09.
Timing belt replaced in 09 and I have a new spare set.
Custom seat that is very comfortable and gives the driver a lot of room to move around during the long trips but also has plenty of room for a passenger.
12v dc adapter added for accessories.
New windshield this year.
New passenger backrest this year. Needs painted/powder coated after being modified to fit.
Have wrap around case guards but not on bike.
Have driver foot rests from an 83 with new parts not on bike yet.
Tires are in fair to good condition but have new ones this year that can be put on.
Extra rear fender off an 81.
Saddle bag rack in very good condition.
Old style universal adjustable back rest w/ luggage rack that needs some TLC.

Pictures that follow show the rest and questions will be answered.

Attachments

• DSC01614.JPG
    DSC01614.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 153
  • DSC01615.JPG
    DSC01615.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 152
  • DSC01616.JPG
    DSC01616.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 149
  • DSC01617.JPG
    DSC01617.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 154
  • DSC01618.JPG
    DSC01618.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 148
  • DSC01619.JPG
    DSC01619.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 152
Thanks Gerry. If anyone is curious about the low mileage ... this was a fun bike for me and never a daily rider and now it's the last one.

Someone is going to get a really nice bike.
Fenders, side panels, and faux tank were covered with a black marine grade leather look material.
Can you post a "how to" on how that was done?
What is that seat off of? :good:

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=106522#p106522:36vsvckd said:
slabghost » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:40 pm[/url]":36vsvckd]
Someone is going to get a really nice bike.
Can you post a "how to" on how that was done? No, sorry, that was done by a friend of mine that does upholstery for a living.
What is that seat off of? :good:

The seat is a stock 1100 that I shortened by 4 inches. Cut the foam way down and had it built back up with a marine comfort foam for boats, then covered in the same material as the rest of the bike.

Maybe your upholstery friend would like to add himself to the vendors forum. I'll have to look for a cheap seat to modify. I really like that look.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=106521#p106521:317gi6gz said:
joedrum » Tue Dec 31, 2013 2:33 pm[/url]":317gi6gz]
a very nicely done bike neil ....it is just flat out right down my alley of likes

Thank you Joe. Have always enjoyed the bike and it's the only one I've kept this long ... sold all the others over time.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=106525#p106525:2yswn2b7 said:
slabghost » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:10 pm[/url]":2yswn2b7]
Maybe your upholstery friend would like to add himself to the vendors forum. I'll have to look for a cheap seat to modify. I really like that look.

Lee has moved to Myrtle Beach but he does have a web site that you or anyone can go to. https://newimageseats.com/ Lee is a good guy and learned the business from his father years ago.

Sorry to hear about your health, Neil.

That is a great bike and I always admired it. Somebody is gonna get a good one.