83 front wheel on a 80 ?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sledge

Reaction score
has anybody ever put a 83 front wheel on a 80 ??? on my Trike , i have never really trusted the Comstar front wheel to turn the Trike , the Cast wheels on the 83 looks a lot stronger . and i would feel better about it i think . . . just kinda wondering if they are the same , as like the same size Axle , and will the Brakes be the same ??? :read:

there is a bit of fitting ....... but it done a lot ive done it ...i have recently put a 1200 wheel on also on 1000 forks ...i bet the same could be done on 1100 forks too

I figured if Anybody knew , you would know Joe ..... I got a friend with a lot of 1100 parts , i think i saw a 83 front wheel there one day. . thanks Joe . :hi:

The speedo cable hub drive is different... not sure if the 80 speed drive will fit it well....may need to go to different type/year speedo cable...

:smilie_happy: Yessssssssssss , I believe you ...... I have Several Hammers, All Different Size...one of them should do it. ... :smilie_happy:

the speed gear hooks up ...its off some i guess in speed so is stock ..dtuff like that dont bother me ...so far i have no speedo on hooch hooked up ... need cable with right ends on it ... no such problem with 83 wheel ...

Latest posts