83 goldwing 1100 rear brake master cylinder

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1983 goldwing mlr

Reaction score
My Bike Models
1983 gl1100
So I have a new to me 83 it's missing the rear master cylinder and I found out it's a one year master cylinder with a hard brake line can't for the life of me find one but anyways I think I came up with a solution seen Amazon has a banjo style brake hose on one end the other end connects to a metal brake line it's for a cb 500 so my theory is buy a universal master cylinder hook the rubber hose to the universal master cylinder and then hook up the metal brake line to that hose I'm going to try to use my existing brake line if that doesn't work I will try the one in the kit I bought if that doesn't work worse case I can just make my own brake line from the hose to the junction box I'm pretty sure I have a good idea that can help anyone with a 83 1100 and another question is what type of universal master should I buy does the rod length matter I know I will have to probably rig something to bolt it down

Goldwingdocs.com has a tutorial for adapting a late model gl1800 rear master cylinder to the ‘83 frame. You can buy the right fittings to screw onto ss braided hose. ‘83 standard had/has a banjo fitting on the MC. Edit, ‘83 std did not have linked brakes in my experience.

Last edited:

Latest posts