83 interstate head gasket

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished up the head gasket job, and ran the engine today. No smoke! Not black or white. I replaced the head gasket on one side and put new oem float valves and seats in the carbs. This means I won't know if the smoke was coolant or over-rich fuel mixture, but at least it's fixed.
Note to self...and other distracted mechanics,, make sue to reconnect the fan motor power plug before u start! It can be rather tedious to do it one-handed (left hand) after the radiator hoses are in

kerryb":21m7466s said:
Finished up the head gasket job, and ran the engine today. No smoke! Not black or white. I replaced the head gasket on one side and put new oem float valves and seats in the carbs. This means I won't know if the smoke was coolant or over-rich fuel mixture, but at least it's fixed.
Note to self...and other distracted mechanics,, make sue to reconnect the fan motor power plug before u start! It can be rather tedious to do it one-handed (left hand) after the radiator hoses are in
You ain't lyin

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk

Just needed a place to upload these pics for someone...
Update, I rode the bike over 2000 miles in Florida and the head gaskets held up well. Was only down 2 days to replace rear wheel bearings, 'cause they were making a funny noise that didn't belong.

Attachments

• IMG_6295.JPG
    IMG_6295.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_6294.JPG
    IMG_6294.JPG
    160 KB · Views: 91

Latest posts