83 interstate: headlight removal

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crowesnest3

Reaction score
Ok, so whats the trick to get the headlight out of the fairing on the 83 interstate? Mine has digital guages on dash above tach/ speedo ... pulled that out looking for attachment screwes don't see any ( of course they are probably right in front of me! ) however ..... only screw I can get near is the adjustment screw at 9pm, can see trim ring screw but its up an under plastic and the whole headlight seems to be in its own sealed plastic bucket in the fairing from the rear. There is a plastic " nipple" thingee hanging below the leadlight, but doesnt seem to want to come off, if it does at all? .... don't want to force anything to forcefully and break what ain't broke ...... oh yeah, there is another headlight beam adjustment round knob behind the instrument cluster. Have looked into the manuals and Im not seeing what I need to get it out ...... Crowe ...... :Egyptian:

Remove the small phillips screw in the beam adjusment knob, remove the knob, remove the nut, and pull the assembly forward, out of the fairing. It should come out far enough for you to get to the wire connector to disconnect it.

Thank you for that, now gotta relook at manual 19/3 and see how I missed that! Like I said earlier got a problem missing things right in front of me! ...... that light will be out shortly! Mainly to just check connections etc while rebuilding, part of the "while we are at it syndrome" ..... Crowe ..... :Egyptian:

Hey Crowe, don't feel bad! You should see what I had to go through to just install head/turn signal brackets back on my Standard! The whole top end of the steering system, gauges and anything above had to come off to get to the top of the triple tree!

Latest posts