85 LTD trunk trim tape/lights

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roondog

Reaction score
My trunk lid has a corner peice missing, broke off. Is there anything I can use to cover the corner like light strips that are wide enough or maybe some adhesive chrome tape? It would be great to cover that up.

I had thought about filling the gap, sanding and paint but I haven't found matching paint. I guess I will have to experiment. Much better if there is any other way. The suggested ways so far seem to be the way to go

I understand. It's a beautiful bike and I commend you for wanting to keep it that way.

I had thought maybe if you did the patch like above then mask and paint just that lower lip a complimenting color.
That or there is LED tape available to stick on that whole lip.
Might look ok but you can see the copper traces running from one led to the next. Could paint it out?

toytender01":2jgk7m3d said:
use some fiber glass tape and ABS glue to form a new corner sand and paint. :popcorn: :popcorn:
+1
Unfortunately I think you will be matching the paint to get a great finish :good:

Definitely something to think about as the bike doesn't get placed in the stock catagory. Last time I showed it was in Knoxville, Wing Ding. It was in the SHOW catagory, I guess cause of the pinstriping and I also had my base decals on it. The paint is original. Yes, if I can match the paint, nobody would know but us.
The ole girl still pulled off with FIRST PLACE.