'87 Seat Cover

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark4Jesus

Reaction score
I have searched but cannot find an answer, probably overlooked it. I have an '87 seat and the foam is in great shape, but the cover is tearing. Where can I get a good replacement cover that will fit this seat. I have found some, Saddleman, but they do not look like they have the correct shape.

I buy Gl1200 replacement covers from joemama1931, an EBay vendor, in Piggot Arkansas. Pick the color and they make them quickly and ship them out. I have no complaints about their work.

I was looking at joemama (gotta love the name) and the seat covers look like they are for 84-86, not 87. I will contact them and see if they make them differently for 87's.

Contacted joemama and they said they only make one type of cover. There is enough difference between '87 seats and the other seats I am not sure it will work. Anyone use joemama's covers on an '87 seat?

[url=https://www.forum.classicgoldwings.com/viewtopic.php?p=153075#p153075:2h3ub5xq said:
slabghost » Today, 6:01 pm[/url]":2h3ub5xq]
I expect it will probably tighten to fit but if not you can add a layer of foam in places.
That may be what I have to do. I cannot find any covers that resemble the shape/style of the '87 seat. The '87 seat is much more comfortable to me, so I don't want to do anything to alter the shape. I have seen some covers that are meant to be placed over the existing cover and not replace it. They look like they are velour or some other fabric.

IMG_0120.JPG
Here a couple of pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_0121.JPG
    IMG_0121.JPG
    177.1 KB · Views: 361
So far I have not needed a seat cover so I'm unable to vouch for any vendor. I will point this out though. Enough marine grade vinyl to recover the seat yourself is likely going to cost $40 or more. About 8 years ago I did recover my old KZ bench seat myself with vinyl and the material alone cost $30.