A new smartphone friendly CGW

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan filipi

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1983 Interstate
2018 KLR 650
2018 BMW S1000 RR
My Bike Logs forum link
https://classicgoldwings.com/forums/dan-filipi.122/
I'm working on the newest addition to CGW, a smartphone browser.
This is a stripped down view which is much less demanding of data transfer and more stable than tapatalk.

Since this new browser is stripped down many of the fancy graphics and plugins do not load.

There's no need for you to do anything, simply go to the forums as usual at https://classicgoldwings.com from your phone and a small script auto detects your phone and loads the special browser.
It is now active.

Post any problems here if any.

PROBLEM: My phome is dummer then H___!!! It can't even ger any APPS, what erer they are....Won't even talk to my computer ao even give me GPS info, No Facebook, no movies and most of the time it won't even charge itself :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:
:Egyptian: :Egyptian: :clapping: :good:
:thanks: :thanks: :whistling: :ahem:

my crackberry isn't happy yet, but it did the same thing with youtube. I just have to fire up my wireless.

Just an fyi, On my windows phone I can choose between desktop view and mobile view. The mobile view loads the new forum template, desktop loads the old template.
My sons phone doesn't offer that choice but his is an older model.

dan filipi":2lkugyuo said:
Just an fyi, On my windows phone I can choose between desktop view and mobile view. The mobile view loads the new forum template, desktop loads the old template.
My sons phone doesn't offer that choice but his is an older model.

I hope it's good for the guys on phones but my iPad doesn't offer the desktop view either. It just goes straight to the new forum template and the large screen on the iPad was perfect for the full desktop view.
I'll live...

I think there was a discussion about this feature and problems with the ipad and iPhone.
I'll see what I can find if they came up with a way to prevent the switch on these.

dan filipi":1mhf5xwe said:
I think there was a discussion about this feature and problems with the ipad and iPhone.
I'll see what I can find if they came up with a way to prevent the switch on these.
:hi: Thanks Dan but don't put yourself out. If there's something not on the iPad that I want to see, I always have the desktop to go to. :Egyptian:
I do kinda miss the emoticons on the iPad.. :smilie_happy: Yeah...I'm on the desktop now.

I found the switch!!

The script is selectable true or false for the Ipad and others.
I set the Ipad to false to prevent the redirect to the new template.

Have that a go and let me know if it's working.
On the Ipad you should now go to the original full template with all the eye candy.

Nice job Dan. Just checked it out using the Sansung Captivate. Works great. I need to catch up on the posts. Gotta see whats new. Doe's CGW have a Facebook page yet. There was some discussion awhile back. Would be easy to post picts to it on the go for those who might be interested. I know it's not everyone's "cup of tea" or maybe I should say "glass of beer :salute: " Better catch up on my reading tonight.

dan filipi":3oi2r9g0 said:
I found the switch!!

The script is selectable true or false for the Ipad and others.
I set the Ipad to false to prevent the redirect to the new template.

Have that a go and let me know if it's working.
On the Ipad you should now go to the original full template with all the eye candy.

Perfect :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Thanks

Looks good Dan, I actually like the mobile skin better than tapatalk, good job, I can also switch between mobile or desktop on my, mytouch slide.

Latest posts