• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Aftermarket exhaust for sale!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcgovern61

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
Former '82 GL1100 "The Slug"
A have a set of what I believe is a Jardine exhaust system for sale. It is all chrome. The baffles are not removable and it is louder than standard pipes, but not like a Harley. (It is not an open pipe) There are no holes or cracks and they bolt on to any GL1100. The only mod I found out later that I should have done was adjust the brake pedal. The muffler is a little larger at the MC than stock and the adjustment arm will get pushed in if not adusted.

These pipes originally were down turned, but the sound was reverberating in my ears and I wanted sewing machine pipes! I cut off the downturns and sent the sound straight back, that helped a lot, but not sewing machine quiet. I recently installed a set of '83 standard pipes that are sewing machine quiet and I will never go back!

The left pipe has an acid stain where I layed the bike over from not putting down the side stand! :head bang:

Here is avideo of what they sound like while riding (if you don't listen to the engine noise!):

Here are some pics of the original pipes on the '81 parts bike and then the cutoff pipes:

Attachments

• Jardine 2.JPG
    Jardine 2.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 268
  • Jardine 1.JPG
    Jardine 1.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 267
  • Left connector pipe.JPG
    Left connector pipe.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 266
  • cut off end.JPG
    cut off end.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 268
  • Left muffler.JPG
    Left muffler.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 267
  • 693b_1.jpg
    693b_1.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 269
I am looking for $100 for the pipes and $60 for shipping anywhere in the US. Did I mention there are no holes in them! :smilie_happy:

Mc would be interested buut cash flow has me down... and I bought a set with a few holes in them... and the wife sez you are spending to much on that although I know you need to..

Joep":13s3ze9k said:
Mc would be interested buut cash flow has me down... and I bought a set with a few holes in them... and the wife sez you are spending to much on that although I know you need to..
I can hang onto them if you think you might want them, just let me know how long.

lew1701":42y9iuz4 said:
What do you think the chances are that it will fit a '77 GL1000?
I am not sure. My buddy has a '76 GL1000 and his exhaust is different that my 1100. His pipes attach differently and his mufflers are much larger. This exhaust is adjustable, but I do not know if there is enough adjustment to fit a GL1000.

Joedrum is our in-house parts swap expert between 1000's and 1100's. What do you think Joe?

Hi, Gerry - I'd sure be interested in those pipes - my right side has a whopping great hole plugged with metalic epoxy right now :grin: I get a bit more noise with it out, but I get this lovely cherry red look in my cheeks when I do that? :smilie_happy: I think I'd like a bit more noise anyway - the sewing machine thing isn't for me.

Can you tell me - there's no need to re-jet with these pipes of yours, is there? I'm not much of a carb boy so I'd probably not want 'em if that were the case.

Say - I don't wanna step on toes, so if others are wanting them, I can wait my turn and lose out if must be. I'll have to ask you later to check postage to Canada - need to watch my pennies.

Dic

dcharge":1k8d88o1 said:
Hi, Gerry - I'd sure be interested in those pipes - my right side has a whopping great hole plugged with metalic epoxy right now :grin: I get a bit more noise with it out, but I get this lovely cherry red look in my cheeks when I do that? :smilie_happy: I think I'd like a bit more noise anyway - the sewing machine thing isn't for me.

Can you tell me - there's no need to re-jet with these pipes of yours, is there? I'm not much of a carb boy so I'd probably not want 'em if that were the case.

Say - I don't wanna step on toes, so if others are wanting them, I can wait my turn and lose out if must be. I'll have to ask you later to check postage to Canada - need to watch my pennies.

Dic
Welcome to the site from New Jersey! :clapping:

My research on these pipes (which I believe are Jardines), they are designed to operate with normal settings on Goldwing carbs without the need to be rejetted. The reason they are louder than stock is because the baffle is smaller and non-removable and they resonate backwards through the muffler and then out the pipe. They are supposed to be equal in back pressure as stock pipes. I did cut off the downturned ends to send the sound behind me because the sound would resonate off of the street and reverberate in my helmet. Cutting off the downturns stopped that, but they were still too high a noise level for me. (Although my wife liked that they sounded more like a motorcycle than sewing machine!)

I can check shipping to Canada later.

Gerry

SOLD! To the man up North! :clapping: :yahoo:

Dic, they are on their way to you via USPS ground (About 6-10 days). I was surprised that the shipping to Canada wasn't any more expensive than shipping across the States. :thanks: