Ah Crap another bike? Potentialy what is it

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

westgl

Reaction score
A Neighbor across town mentioned that he had a, 74', must mean a 75' GL1000 Goldwing for sale for $100.00.

I guess i am going to look at it.

I hope it's decent, but for $100.00, as long as the engine does not have a spun bearing or cracked metal any where. It's Mine.

I cant get to see it for a couple of days, though hopefully no one else will buy it out from under me.

It may be my new project, I'll keep my eye's crossed for good luck.

He said that he would start at $100.00, but it was negotiable. How negotible can you be, it's only $100.00, as long as it has a clear title. I am good.

Well I know i can sell the parts for at least three times+ what I would pay for it.

For $100.00, I am not expecting much.

I bought my 83' GL11, for $300.00, with a frozen motor & frozen brakes.

I bought a 80' GL11, for My brother-in-law for $400.00

My brother-in-law bought his 78' with a 75' engine (that I restored for him) for $150.00 it had a dyna ignition, with a spare dyna igniton.

I picked up a 84' GL12 for $600.00 in great shape.

We will see what happens with this 75' GL1000.

I dont need another bike, But if it happens then it's fate.

oh the dreaded words you dont need another bike ....i have seen bikes that werent worth 100dollars...even with titles....im looking at a 75 too and offered 200dollars for it ...no deal yet ...the motor is stuck...bike was vetterized and the trunsignals are all gone ....and the exhast is total trash .....but the frame is solid and eerything else is there.....good luck ...

Yeah, after a while they can smell all your other GoldWings on your clothes and they'll follow you home. Even from across town.

For $100 I'd buy it. If seller says obo. I'd start dickering ay $60 to see how far he'll go down. I like great deals. Heck I just bought an old utility trailer for $150.

westgl":1694i6s0 said:
He said that he would start at $100.00, but it was negotiable. How negotible can you be, it's only $100.00, as long as it has a clear title. I am good.

Well I know i can sell the parts for at least three times+ what I would pay for it.

For $100.00, I am not expecting much.

I bought my 83' GL11, for $300.00, with a frozen motor & frozen brakes.

I bought a 80' GL11, for My brother-in-law for $400.00

My brother-in-law bought his 78' with a 75' engine (that I restored for him) for $150.00 it had a dyna ignition, with a spare dyna igniton.

I picked up a 84' GL12 for $600.00 in great shape.

We will see what happens with this 75' GL1000.

I dont need another bike, But if it happens then it's fate.

Do you take a gun with you when you negotiate? :smilie_happy:
They don't sell like that around here. :crying:

Alley Oop":ty8bjho5 said:
Yeah, after a while they can smell all your other GoldWings on your clothes and they'll follow you home. Even from across town.

:smilie_happy: :moped: :moped: :moped: :smilie_happy:
That's pretty funny!
It's gotta have enough parts on it to be worth $100, title or no. Go for it! :Egyptian:

He got back to me, he said he would take $40.00, no paper work, but he said that the forks and frame are straight, but he also said that it would need a full rebuild.

That's most 75'-83' that have sat for extended periods.

I am suppose to get some pictures this week end. The bike is actually 4 hours away, one way, so that would be a 8 hour drive plus loading time.

I want pictures to make sure it is complete.

Here are a couple of pictures of the $40 bike.

It looks like the carb's are off I am not sure if i see them there or not.

here are a couple of pic's

Attachments

• 1975 GL1000 pic $40.00 1.jpg
    1975 GL1000 pic $40.00 1.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 157
  • 1975 GL1000 pic $40.00.jpg
    1975 GL1000 pic $40.00.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 154
well westgl there is no carbs and its hard to see if the head on the left side is there either ......if it was just down the road id buy for forty dollars ....but 8hrs in trailor nope to far not enough there

I think it is money well spent to pass on this one,

and get my 84' GL1200A built into a 4 Cyl. Valkyrie Lite, as i will be using a 2004' Valkyrie Gas tank, and 2002' Valkyrie Seat.

Then i will not have side covers at all, and will be trimming the rear of the frame down a bit to give a appearance of a floating in air solo seat, with the rear wheel & swing arm exposed.

Battery & electronics will be hidden.

This is a case of too many projects and to little time.

This sleeping thing has gotta stop, it's not very productive.