An interesting concept........

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plskthompson1

Reaction score
The radio station that I listen to is nationally syndicated, so I'm sure this idea is not original to my area, but they had the idea to pay for the person behind in the drive thru. I took it upon my self to try this the other day and wanted to share my experience.

I pull up to the drive thru window at a local restaurant from a national chain with my 2 yr old daughter beside me in her booster seat. I'm the only person in line and my day has started off pretty well. Thru the window, I hear a car behind me placing an order. I've already paid for mine and am waiting for it to be passed to me. As the cashier opens the window, I hand her my card and tell her that I want to pay for the car behind me. She looks at me like I have just grown 3 heads, but takes my card and processes the order. She then ask me to pull forward because they are having to wait on part of my order. While I'm waiting the car behind me pulls up, and motions for me to roll down my window. When I get the window down, she ask's "Did you pay for my food?" To which I answered "Yes, maam." She continues with "Why?" To which I replied "because I wanted to make a difference in someone's day."

She proceeded to thank me and the she dropped the bomb. Just before she pulled off, she told me that the order that I had just paid for was going to a woman at the battered women's shelter in my town. I thought I was making a difference in someone's day that could have other wise been fairly normal. Little did I know that I was going to make a difference in someone's day that most likely her best memory of a man other than her father, was one of being beaten, and most likely on a daily basis.

That just proved to me more that the power of God is every where, even in the smallest acts of kindness.

plskthompson1":3ln4mrh5 said:
That just proved to me more that the power of God is every where, even in the smallest acts of kindness.

The Holy Spirit will guide you to those situations from time to time if you will be still and listen for his prompting.

I appreciate an association with like minded men.

Latest posts