Another Howdy From East Texas!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirt Road Cowboy

Reaction score
I've been lurking for a while, so I figured I'd say Hi!

I have 2 OldWings, a 78 and a 75. Here I am trying to get them reliable -> :Awe:

The 75 is completely disassembled. I ended up collecting a lot of parts for the 78 years ago, so I just bought a titled frame to go with them. :mrgreen:

The 78 has been a major hassle to make reliable. I think I have a total of 2000 miles or less on it since I got it in 2010. @ batteries, 2 single carb trials, and 3 stators later and I hope to have it going good soon! :beg: or :swoon:

Welcome aboard. Folks here can get both going great . Including getting your single carb conversion. Start a thread on the one you want going first and let the fun begin.

I'll definitely be getting the 78 running first since it is already complete. I did actually ride it for almost 3 months last year. That's a record for us! :roll:

Several years ago, I bought a single carb manifold (from Juan Hernandez) that is kind of "H" shaped. It is supposed to work on a GL1000 with a 34 Pict 3. I never could keep it idling below 2500-3000. It was just too much carb. Then, I got one of Tom's carbs, and a 2 into 1 adapter to use it on that manifold. Better, but not great. :nea:

Anyway, this isn't the place to discuss it. :0fftopic: I will start a thread in the Single Carb section soon.

Good to be here! :good:

Latest posts