another new member

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeBarTeam

Reaction score
I was reading in this forum for days before i moved to become a member. This is my first forum at all. I drive a gl1200 1986 (buyed 2012 with aprox. 50000 miles) and i love it. I have had many bikes and the one i have now is the one i like most. I had the following full-dressers: hd1340 ultra glide 1993, 1982 gl1100 interstate, yamaha venture royale 1300 1988, gl1200a 1987, gl1200a 1986 with eml sidecar, gl1500 se 1991. Everyone had special good sides but i prefer my actual bike.
i think this should be enough for the first post.
keep this good forum alive.

Hi again,
thank you very much for your welcome messages.
I am not really a forum "user". Normally I take distance to them but yours kept the interesting touch and a language "level" as should be everywhere, so did I try and registered myself.

About the Venture: The first full-dresser I have had was the 1300 venture from 88 in white. After tons of racing bikes, driving allways with both feet in prison, I decided to slown down with a Venture. It did not go, I drove with this bike like mad over the alps, overtaking all other bikers on ducatis, gsrx, fzr and so on. the Venture is a racer with dresser-look. I changed the intake (from the V-Max) to have enough power uphill and this worked pretty well. My Venture was able to pass ducatis driving up the mountains and made beautiful wheelies on 2. And 3. gear. The racers made eyes! It was also confortable to make big trips. I had only problems with the high speed stability above 100 miles/hour in the corners, the bike danced like a egg. After changing front and end suspensions got better till aprox. 120 m/h.
Sound quality was poor till I changed the speakers and inserted 120 W ones. After 70000 miles I sold the bike and buyed the ultra glide (wanted to slow down). This was a mistake, I wish I had the money to keep all the dressers I once drove. The are all fantastic!
No one is perfect and this makes the character, no one has really problems driving the way they are made for. Some are better in details than others. No big differences. I woukd like the power and raceability from the Venture, the soundof the Harley, the smoothness of the 1500 gl and the lightness of the 1200 gl. I never rode a 1800 gl, this could cover some points of them but not all. Cornering clearance is not enough, it is to heavy and I like most the design of the 1200 gl. Well, I think I should stop writing...
Have a nice day

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=107002#p107002:1b1xjkah said:
JoeBarTeam » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:44 am[/url]":1b1xjkah]
I had only problems with the high speed stability above 100 miles/hour in the corners, the bike danced like a egg.

I would be curious to know how the 1200 handles these corners?

I Hi again,
i forgot to ask you if you know where i can get a tank rack bag for my 1200 gl. The first 1200 gl i had, had it a this was glad to have for little thinks i needed while driving. I have been looking everywhere and did not find it, neither a picture of the bag.
i found the rack and it's already mounted.
the bag can be new or used, it must be just in good shape.
thank you very much.

Au revoir

The 1200 gl is in these corners nervous starting it but won't dance through if you have high air pressure in the suspensions front and end and if you are steering clean pushing the bars, never pull. Keep the knees at the tank. Don' t make corrections in the corner at this speed or the eggs will come. The venture could be dangerous doing this in the original version and without air in the suspensions. With two on the bike was never a problem, this makes the bike stable. Contrary to the 1200 gl, here ist better being alone. The venture had also problems with most tires. I had the best experience with tires that had not longitudal profile.
the 1500 gl is quite doing this but the clearance makes you slowly scratching to early. The harley will dance the whole corner, the hardware has to many buts for driving this way, well it was a 93, maybe they changed the newer harleys.

Latest posts