Any One a member of the GWRRA?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=84547#p84547:3vqg9jc4 said:
82gl1100iwingman » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:51 pm[/url]":3vqg9jc4]I'm not only a member, I'm an officer in the GWRRA. I am the Chapter Educator for Chapter P in Granbury, Region H, Texas District. I still ride all my bikes, the 1000, the 1100 and the 1200 to the meetings and out on group rides. Well, not all at once. I have never found anybody act like I didn't belong. It's been actually just the opposite. There are three chapters in my area and I do attend Chapter M meetings also. Chapter P and M and pretty close knit chapters. We like to invade each others meetings and have fun.

But your bike is really shiny!! :smilie_happy:

I have never found anybody act like I didn't belong. It's been actually just the opposite.

I agree, but it is like any organization and especially with one that is that large. You have a wide range of personalities. I think one needs to look at the overall good the group does. As for the safety training, I'm all for it, anything I can learn to keep my body from meeting the pavement while still moving I'm all for learning.

Here is what Rod ( the GWRRA member that we met( me on the phone and Kim in person)) has done for us.
Rod sent a gremlin bell for each of us for our bikes on our ride in August

:wave: I am a member of GWRRA. I am sorry that you have had a bad experience with a minority. As with any organization and life in general for that matter, you will encounter good and bad.I can attest and assure you that the undisirables that you had dealings with are a very very small minority in this organization.I am the Assistant Chapter Director in Moultrie, Ga. I have met hundreds of people who are members and not members of this organization. They do not all have Goldwings, and is not a requirement for membership. We welcome all who want to participate reguardless of bike association. But if it will help, on behalf of the entire GWRRA, I am sorry that you were treated so badly. You would be welcome here in South Georgia to meet with us ,ride or just socialize. We just have one major thing in common--a love to ride bikes and meet people who have similar interests.I have only been a member for two years and never felt more welcome in any association. Once again, I am truly sorry. Ride safe.

P.S. I am a member of about 6 or 7 different forums and enjoy them all.

I feel the one best thing about being a member is there rescue program. With membership it gives you protection on any non commercial vehicle including your motorcycle. Run out of gas-they help you out-, bike won't start they will tow you--etc
almost like AAA but a lot cheaper and you get the monthly magazine.
You do not have to attend any meetings or anything else. 1 year for $45. For an extra $25.00 you get rescue plus which covers your trailer and more towing milage.

I attended 2-4 different chapters meetings and rode in on my 1100. Felt like I had to buy a "better bike" to get any response from the people at the meetings.

I was Assistant chapter Director for 2 years & Chapter director for 2 years. Was a member for 11 years. When I sold my GoldWing & got the 650 Burgman I had to go to an associate member level, Which I could understand since I no longer owned a GW. Just seemed pointless after all I put into it so I dropped out & still rode with the bunch.

Trouble around here GWRRA is just about run its course. Folks lost interest, sold their bikes, now have GKids ETC. And there's no new blood to replace whats left. Went to the last 2 state rally's, They have tried to talk me into rejoining. I'm just clubbed out! :moped:

Back when I joined in 95 we would get 1500 to 2000 people @ the state rally's & fill up 2 fair barns with vendors. Now their lucky to get 200 & a half dozen vendors. None which offer GW Parts & bling.

Latest posts