ARRRRRGH!!! 'Wing keys fell out...

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AApple":jl3nrzdj said:
I now have the code for mine, and since I am going to have a couple more made, I'll be callin upon Mr. Ron for those. :yes:
I discovered that with the spare in my wallet, and my wallet locked in the trunk....I have to turn the ignition OFF before I can unlock anything else....not liking that at all. I'm used to being able to have the engine running/warming while I'm putting on my gear in the mornings. Can't do that now, until I get another spare or two. :swoon:
Nice thing about the Vetter fairing.......the leather cover on the left side has a spare key pouch! :wave:

Wow.
Mine is exactly the same. Got only one key (not original either) from PO and made duplicates and obviously (now) they also come out in ON position.
I have been wondering why.

So the key code is on the cylinder?
Don't see it around the key hole. Do I need to remove the lock to see it?

skiri251":2p8u374m said:
So the key code is on the cylinder?
Don't see it around the key hole. Do I need to remove the lock to see it?
Yes and yes. However if no lock modifications have been made, and one key fits all locks, you can get the code from any lock. Shelter or fairing side cover are probably the easiest to get too.

I can see the code on my shelter lock easily...it's the quickest one to find.

For spare keys, I bought this thing for my GW.

Oh no, I just realized I don't remember the number.. :Awe:
Same as my ATM PIN?
Must be...

Attachments

• DSCN_7588.jpg
    DSCN_7588.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 88
Now go buy two carabeeners(sp) and put one on yur new keys and fasten the other to your handlebars. This is what I did the first and only time my keys fell out of the ignition. Hope it helps. :whistling:

~O~