ATTN: Scratch99...

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would be happy to.if you could give a few days ,been puting 16 hr days at work and my you know what is draging :lazy: .I also have video on youtube not a very good one but its shows how i put the fairing on,Rember there are 2 kind of harley fairings,the eazyst is the one that the headlight is bilt in the fairing.the other one just sits above and be side the head light.do you have yahoo? also i will PM you my number if you have any qustions feel free to call. i can explain a little better over the phone :salute:

Sorry ~o~ the youtube video is eazy "goldwing with harley fairing.I have 3 videos of the bike there :thanks:

Thank you very much Mr ~o~.and thinks for having me..cant tell how much i injoy this forum you guys are great and so much info and stuff.Always some one here to help with us with are old girls.and a thank you to bigAndrew for telling me about it.There is 3 vids on youtube one is with the harley fairing and one with the honda fairing and then theres a little one with were the fairing is mounted on the bike.

Herllo Mr.~o~ just wanted to let you know i got them pics you wanted.just not good at postting them.I will be back online tonite and see how i can get them to you,sorry it took so long.

Scratch99, Just to let you know. I researched the difference between frame mounted and fork mounted fairings and Vetter's website has good explanation between them and my experience backs it up. I also studied weight distribution and wind effects. This may not be a factor in your area but it is in mine where our highways have woods alongside the road and suddenly open fields. The cross winds can be horrendous. As to weight distribution, If you add a lot to fork mounted then that total weight is added to forks directly, (stereo, amp, c.b.). If you add weight to frame mount then only a portion is added to forks. Most folks would not worry about that stuff but I do because to me a frame mount handles so much better but that's a personal preference.Looks cool though I will admit.

mortiki":3l1y8e0l said:
Scratch99, Just to let you know. I researched the difference between frame mounted and fork mounted fairings and Vetter's website has good explanation between them and my experience backs it up. I also studied weight distribution and wind effects. This may not be a factor in your area but it is in mine where our highways have woods alongside the road and suddenly open fields. The cross winds can be horrendous. As to weight distribution, If you add a lot to fork mounted then that total weight is added to forks directly, (stereo, amp, c.b.). If you add weight to frame mount then only a portion is added to forks. Most folks would not worry about that stuff but I do because to me a frame mount handles so much better but that's a personal preference.Looks cool though I will admit.
Hello Mortiki,I live in the adirondack mountains in upstsate ny,same here. highways have woods alongside the road and suddenly open fields. The cross winds can be horrendous to.but the bike handels great.cant tell you why but it dose.maybe les bodywork to get push by the wind .from the side theirs little bit of the fairing showing.I can tell you that when my friend changed just his rims on his harley over to the centerline rims witch are full,no open space in the rim.the wind made a big difference.he chaanged them back over,just passing a big rig down the road would throw the bike around all over the place.I dont have that problem at all.its like riding my old 1977 CB900F.it is no way as top heavy as befor.really fun to ride.I can throw that bike in to the twisty like never befor.as for the weight the fairing with light dont even weight 5 pounds i think.will weigh it next time i take it off.i can pickup the fairing with one finger.I dont no what kind of experince you have had or what kind of fairing you put on your bike.but im relly happy with mine and the way it handels.no more buffing then the honda fairing when passing a big rig.I think there is less.I wish you could try it.I think you would be surprise how great it handels.

Scratch,that looks pretty easy to replicate. Thanks for the video. For your fork mounts, it looks like you just reused the brackets that hold the weight on in the front for the Honda fairing. Is that right?

Thats right.just turned them outword and added spacer.strong as hell.one day il figer out how to post pics..it cost me about $350.00 bucks to do it all.fairing,2 road lights(thay are backup lights for a big truck).paint.windshell is form the old fairing.flashers my friend put on.and the mounts.bottem ones were all ready there.but spending the weekend at my buddys having BBQ and beers and working on the old girl.priceles.we used spray cans for paint came out really good tell i put my fingers on it :head bang: had a great time doing it.new bikes are really cool.but old bike and good friends are even better.To my buddy Larry thank you my brother.