Bike center line

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Read a trike build posting that said the bike centerline is 4" left of the center of the driveshaft flange as you stand behind the bike.

https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/2-g ... oject.html may work as a guide.

“I spent a lot of time measuring and measuring again. The problem is there are not that many symmetrical points to key off of when trying to get the differential centered according to the drive shaft on the bike, and then to figure out where the new center point will be for the rear end. After making sure everything was level and Square I determined that the new center point of the rear end would be 4 inches to the left of the center of the drive shaft flange. Based off that measurement with the tires and rims mounted. I wanted an overall width from outside of one tire to the outside of the other tire to be 55 inches. I needed 4 5/8 inches removed from the left side and 10 ¾ inches removed from the right side.”

the link is for a 1200 , my trike build is a 1980 1100 , i know i had to move my rear 3 & 1/2 " to the right . I would guess your 81 1100 would be the same . . :laptop:

Latest posts